WSF SHOPPING - LURE FISHING SHOP | RODS | REELS | HOOKS | RIG BITS | LURES | LINES | SHORE RIGS | BOAT RIGS | LUGGAGE | MORE

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Member Blogs | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

WSF Hardcore Poster

Best Catch
    Blonde bird down Sherrys in the 80's
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Benalmadena, Costa del Sol

Off to Benalmadena next thursday for a week....anyone got any info on the shore fishing at all ??....there's a Marina close to our hotel but not sure if you're allowed to fish there.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

WSF Regular Poster

Best Catch
    5lb Sea Trout
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Paul,I've fished Benalmadena, just for fun though.You're not allowed to fish the Marina,although plenty of mullet in there.However,you can fish either side off the manmade arm on the left or of the rocks on the right.I found that on the right was more successful.Too many people and wild cats on the left.
    The right hand side is easy to fish,I got worm from a local fishing store
    can't remember where it is except its a fair walk from the port.Ask around someone will know where to get it.
    I had a light telescopic and tried floating and legering.Both successful.
    Quite a few nice size bream and ofcourse the mullet.
    I'd consider plugging for a bit as well,as the rocks have all sorts tucked in them.
    Oh yeah,the spot I went to was behind a restaurant and the carpark to my left...
    have fun

PaulB

WSF Hardcore Poster

Best Catch
    Blonde bird down Sherrys in the 80's
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice Paul ....all the gear packed now to leave in the morning !!

WSF Hardcore Poster Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing !!
    Favourite Rod
    Ugly Stick
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 50T
    Best Catch
    Boat 130lb Sailfish 60/70lb Copper Steenbras Rocks 200lbs Raggy Fresh 147lb Wells Catfish 39lb Carp
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    QE2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other good baits would be cheap raw prawn (Gambas Crudo) and Razor clams (Navajas). A big supermarket such as Mercadona would probably be your best and cheapest option for buying them. Best of luck, John Beachcomber.
    08 x 58
    09 x 36
    10 x 18
    11/12 x 33
    Painted & Common Combers, Pickerel, Channel & Spanish Mackerel, Blue Mouth Rockfish, Greater Weaver, Sea Perch, Twin Banded Bream, Pandora, Dorada, Common, Annular & Saddled Bream, Pouting, Scabbard. European, Moray & Conger Eels, Meagre, Bogue, Hake, Lizard fish, Common Stingray, Sunfish, Bluefish, W.E. Flounder. Melva, Little, Albacore & Blue Fin Tunas, Octopus, Barracuda, Red Gurnard, Fork Beard, Triggerfish.
    http://www.beachcombermojacar.com

WSF Hardcore Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there 3 weeks ago and seen people fishing to the right hand side of the marina,Im sure there is a bait vending machine somewhere around there too,I seen plenty of people fishing in torremelinos right on the beach using worm baits and seen them catching what looked like black bream.Plenty of nice mullet in the harboru but as you been told there is no fishing allowed.