WSF SHOPPING - LURE FISHING SHOP | RODS | REELS | HOOKS | RIG BITS | LURES | LINES | SHORE RIGS | BOAT RIGS | LUGGAGE | MORE

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Member Blogs | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

ICE
    WSF Lite Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tenerife - Costa Adeje: shore fishing with lures and boat fishing

Hello

I will be visiting Tenerife (Costa Adeje - hotel Bahia Principe Costa Adeje) from August 28 until September 10.

During my holidays, I would like to go fishing in the mornings and the evenings, but preferably on a walking distance from the hotel. I saw on google earth that the hotel is located at a nice looking bay.

As an avid lure angler, I would like to cast some lures but I do not intend to fish with dead or live bait nor take heavy equipment with me for bottom fishing.

Does anyone know if there are some possibilities for lure fishing in the neighbourhood?

Alternatively, I would like to take the boat for a big game trip, but as I recall well from my last holiday at the Canary Islands, the marlin season is over by September. Are there any boats that specialize in shark fishing?

If someone would have any suggestions for me for lure fishing from the shore and/or boat fishing, these would be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Ice

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Boat fishing, motorsport
    Favourite Rod
    any that work well
    Favourite Reel
    Shimano fan. Any with level wind
    Best Catch
    35kg tope
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ice.
    Take a look at the thread "La Gomera - El Ingles" If you want game fishing at its best, this is the man to go out with if you can get to La Gomera ok.
    Plenty of small barracuda or bass from rock marks of in the harbour areas.
    Take a look at other tenerife threads, and you will find a phone number of a mate that will give you a good days boat fishing. Shark species here tend to be more Tope than anything, but they go to quite a good size. Six and seven gill sharks in deeper water, but more so on electrics.
    Have a good holiday
    Tim

ICE
    WSF Lite Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Tim

Thank so much for this information.

I'm packing today. Would an heavy baitcaster with an ABU C4 reel be suitable for the shore fishing with lures? Any idea which lures would be best? I suppose some rapala magnums and some poppers?

As I will probably only fish in the early mornings and after dinner, I prefer to fish on a walking distance from the hotel. I saw on Google earth that the hotel is located at a small bay. Has anyone already tried to fish here? Any suggestions for other spots nearby?

WSF Lite Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    just a little bit more about fishing in Tenerife:

Big game fishing is seasonal, usually in the summer time, the Happy Hooker goes out deep sea fishing all year round to catch a variety of Sharks, Stingrays, Amberjacks etc.. With this type of fishing, you can almost always guarantee that you will catch fish.

There are a variety of sharks including blue, mako and hammerheads and fishing with lighter tackle, these can be great fun to bring to the surface and be released of course after the photos have been taken.

The Happy Hooker is also located in Puerto Colon, Tenerife South and offers a variety of fishing excursions daily. Visit our website for daily fishing reports and updated photo galleries. Please google: "Happy Hooker Fishing in Tenerife."