WSF SHOPPING - LURE FISHING SHOP | RODS | REELS | HOOKS | RIG BITS | LURES | LINES | SHORE RIGS | BOAT RIGS | LUGGAGE | MORE

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Member Blogs | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

WSF Lite Poster

Interests
    All kinds of fishing, and then football :-)
    Best Catch
    Carps up to 46 pounds - big cods - sharks in the US - salmon in Norway - big pikes in Denmark etc.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in Alicante - help me :-)

Are there any inhere who lives around Alicante - and maybe further south - who could help me?

I am going to Cabo Roig in Mid-July to the beginning af August. I would like to fish both in the sea, but also in the lakes.

I am producing TV-shows about fishing for a Danish TV-station, and I have done that for around 16 years now. Even though I am going on a family holiday in Spain, it would be cool to produce some for the next shows :-)

Anyone here who can help me - maybe take me out fishing ;-)

Best regards,
    Mads Hussing
    http://www.fiskemagasinet.dk

WSF Hardcore Poster

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Alicante fishing

I used to own a home in Cabo Roig. Fishing from the rocks on right hand side of Cabo Roig beach produces small fish of various species. You will see people there on a regular basis. I tried spinning from the rocks between Cabo Roig and la Zenia with small lures and had some success. The fish that I caught were about the size of joey Mackerel and fought like hell. I did one trip in a boat. We caught nothing spinning but got a couple of nice wrasse and some small snapper.

There is often a surf on the beach and maybe night fishing might be more productive.

Good luck & tight lines!!

WSF Lite Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Carps up to 46 pounds - big cods - sharks in the US - salmon in Norway - big pikes in Denmark etc.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for your answer. I will try from the rocks at the right of the beach.

You tried spinning? What about fishing with bread or squid or small pieces of fish?

What kind of license do I need to go fish on the rocks? And where do I buy it?

Can you rent a small boat at the harbour, or how did you go out on the sea?

Thanks in advance!
    Mads

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Fishing, my Triumph Bonneville T100, music - 50's rock n roll/rockabilly, model railway.
    Favourite Rod
    Any good beachcaster & Shakespear Expedition spinner
    Best Catch
    98lb conger - Plymouth 1958, 6lb bass - Algarve 1999, First Barracuda - Lanzarote 2011.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Would love one but never have.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also used to live near there.
    I used rag worm (gusano) and uncooked frozen prawns (the large No.7 ones). Night fishing was by far the best.
    I can't remember where I got the rag from but probably in Torrevieja.
    Didn't need a licence when I was there but you do now. Possibly in Torrevieja but otherwise it will be Alicante.
    There is one artificial lake (Embalse de la Pedrera) 5 or 6 kilometer long with huge Golden Carp. It's on the road from Torrevieja, passed San Miguel De Salinas and it's about another 10 kilometers on the left. Again you must have a licence, the lake is patrolled all the time.

WSF Lite Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheBass View Post
    I also used to live near there.
    I used rag worm (gusano) and uncooked frozen prawns (the large No.7 ones). Night fishing was by far the best.
    I can't remember where I got the rag from but probably in Torrevieja.
    Didn't need a licence when I was there but you do now. Possibly in Torrevieja but otherwise it will be Alicante.
    There is one artificial lake (Embalse de la Pedrera) 5 or 6 kilometer long with huge Golden Carp. It's on the road from Torrevieja, passed San Miguel De Salinas and it's about another 10 kilometers on the left. Again you must have a licence, the lake is patrolled all the time.
    Thank you very much for your answers... Those are very helpful to me.

I have thought about using the prawns - or the squid you can buy everywhere.

And thanks for the advice about the carp fishing... I love carp fishing.

I am really thankful for all the advice I can get here - so just keep them comming ;-)

WSF Lite Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey again,

Are there erally noone who knows, where to buy the fishing licence in the Alicante-area :-)

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Fishing, my Triumph Bonneville T100, music - 50's rock n roll/rockabilly, model railway.
    Favourite Rod
    Best Catch
    98lb conger - Plymouth 1958, 6lb bass - Algarve 1999, First Barracuda - Lanzarote 2011.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadsSH View Post
    Hey again,

Are there erally noone who knows, where to buy the fishing licence in the Alicante-area :-)
    Use the search button at the top of the page - type in 'Shore Fishing Licence Alicante (Spain)' and you will find the answers.
    You need to ask - "Yoh quiero un 'Solicitud De Licencia De Pesca De Recreo', Expedida (first), Clase 3a".

WSF Lite Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheBass View Post
    Use the search button at the top of the page - type in 'Shore Fishing Licence Alicante (Spain)' and you will find the answers.
    You need to ask - "Yoh quiero un 'Solicitud De Licencia De Pesca De Recreo', Expedida (first), Clase 3a".
    Yes - that was all I needed to know (for now:-)) Thanks!

If anyone wants to share more tips about fishing in the area, I will be happy to recieve them.

WSF Lite Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

alicante fishing licence

the banks to look for have the word "caixa" in their title (caixa altea or caixa rural for example)they are the equivilent of building societies in the uk.
    normally you just need to take your passport and the money, although its not a bad idea to take a couple of passport type photos(white background)in case they want to attatch one to the application form etc!my licence doesnt carry a photo, but thats not to say the ones that are being issued now dont!!!
    the licences are for one or three years.if you have problems finding a suitable bank the fisheries office is in alicante itself...
    SERVICIOS TERRITORIALES DE MEDIO AMBIENTE ALICANTE,
    CALLE PROFESOR MANUEL SALA S/N.
    you could give the address to a taxi driver to take you there,
    all you need to ask for is a "permisso de pesca"easy to remember and say!!
    cheers

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Favourite Rod
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianwirral View Post
    the banks to look for have the word "caixa" in their title (caixa altea or caixa rural for example)they are the equivilent of building societies in the uk.
    normally you just need to take your passport and the money, although its not a bad idea to take a couple of passport type photos(white background)in case they want to attatch one to the application form etc!my licence doesnt carry a photo, but thats not to say the ones that are being issued now dont!!!
    the licences are for one or three years.if you have problems finding a suitable bank the fisheries office is in alicante itself...
    SERVICIOS TERRITORIALES DE MEDIO AMBIENTE ALICANTE,
    CALLE PROFESOR MANUEL SALA S/N.
    you could give the address to a taxi driver to take you there,
    all you need to ask for is a "permisso de pesca"easy to remember and say!!
    cheers
    You're dead right of course, but if the guy then asks "para que classe?"
    what you gonna say? Write down what I said and you'll have no problem and you'll know what box to tick on the form. However, in Alicante, many of the officials speak a reasonable amount of English these days and are generally quite helpful. As indeed I find the Spanish in general.
    Viva Espana.