SEARCH WSF

SHARE THIS THREAD:
    WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Portsmouth harbour for Bass

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Thinking of fishing portsmouth harbour for bass fairly soon, during the day. Any advice where to fish, i was thinking the main harbour entrance theres a small beach infront of the fort wall on broad street, but i'm alto thinking this might be too noisy?

Interests
    Fishing, Boxing, Football
    Favourite Rod
    Zziplex m4 GT's
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 515 Mag 2's
    Best Catch
    12.7 Norwegian Cod, 11.10 Thornback Ray, 22.01 Smoothound
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    try try try see what happens

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    fishing,football,cricket
    Favourite Rod
    Zziplex 3500s,follewed close by tip tornado lite
    Favourite Reel
    Penn mag 2
    Best Catch
    Off beach-30lb conger
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never really liked it down there, more of a mud man me self :-)

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say try but i've tried sea fishing loads and had very little reward, 2fish in about 10trips! Tried selsey last night on the inwards tide and nothing! Tried crab, mussels and black lug looks like portsmouth with some squid next lol

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Rod
    okuma beach 360fs 12ft
    Favourite Reel
    okuma safina pro SP-a 80
    Best Catch
    11lb bass, 14lb 8oz smoothhound, 2lb cod
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by muhuha View Post
    You say try but i've tried sea fishing loads and had very little reward, 2fish in about 10trips! Tried selsey last night on the inwards tide and nothing! Tried crab, mussels and black lug looks like portsmouth with some squid next lol

if you follow the road round all the way towards the tower its a one way system round past the pubs, as you pass the last pub theres an old white building on the right, park in front of that and to the left of the building are benches fish from there using a running ledger no gripper tho you wont get it back, dont cast right out or the tide will have you, just let the tide take it into a natural pocket and be prepared for a big bite, double figure bass from there last year, also when the tide turns just chuck it to the left down the side of the rocks,

good luck, and squid is the bait here

Interests
    Fishing, Online Gaming
    Favourite Rod
    Century Black Knight, Shoreline and TTSM MK1, Leeda Icon Power, Penn Powerstix Pro 20-30lb Braid,
    Favourite Reel
    My Penn 525 Mags, Shimano Speedmaster tsmIIfs, Daiwa 7HT Mag, Daiwa Saltist 20H Magged
    Best Catch
    14lb4oz bass, 47lb conger on a bass rod, Doubleshot of hounds 8lb9oz and 11lb2oz, 20lb8oz Smoothound
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Sea Juicer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loads of spots, you could try the benches as mentioned, camber dock, up port solent way, possibly even Portchester castle (might be a bit early up there). Squid and big hooks is worth a try, as is a makkie head and guts or a livebait if your in the camber. (My favourite is actually bluey and crab, but only cos i use this combo a lot). Live sandeel in the entrance and further up the harbour may be deadly later in the year
    Species 2014: Pouting, Whiting, Dab, Bass, Spotted Ray, LSD, Turbot, Blonde Ray, Undulate Ray, Starry Smoothound, Ballan Wrasse
    Species 2013:21

Target: Catch a 30lb+ Shore Tope....yeah right! So.....Catch more than 25 species

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Fishing
    Favourite Reel
    No Preference
    Best Catch
    Reef Conger 56lb, Cod 23lb, Bass 9.5lb
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    I dont need one, Fish in 100ft+ Off the Shore!!
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Quote Originally Posted by Laya24 View Post
    Loads of spots, you could try the benches as mentioned, camber dock, up port solent way, possibly even Portchester castle (might be a bit early up there). Squid and big hooks is worth a try, as is a makkie head and guts or a livebait if your in the camber. (My favourite is actually bluey and crab, but only cos i use this combo a lot). Live sandeel in the entrance and further up the harbour may be deadly later in the year
    Live Sandeel i find isnt as effective as i use it in and around the commerical part of the harbour . The Sandeel is never in the water long enough for a bass to find it as and it picks up the lesser spieces i.e. Mackerel, Pollock and alike