WSF Hardcore Poster jackfishing's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing?
    Favourite Rod
    FC Monster, Xzoga Black Buster, JM Power spell
    Favourite Reel
    Alutecnos Gorilla 12 and 12C, Ajiking Pro Jigger (T-bar handle), JM PE5N
    Best Catch
    Bullsharks, Sandbar Shark, Blacktips, Mekong cat, Siamese Carp, Stripped Cats, Arapaima,Red Tail etc
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Dough or paste baits for Carp

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Does anyone here use dough or paste style baits for their fishing? For Carp or similar fish.

Seems a very popular method in Asia and the US but not so much for the UK?

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    fishing horseracing
    Favourite Rod
    anything that catches
    Favourite Reel
    anything shimano
    Best Catch
    28 lb common carp.... 11. 9 oz smooth hound...5 lb bass...19 lb conger ..boat
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago before commercial fisheries were around bread paste was one of the best baits for carp.Then came along boilies...pellet meat....ect.One of my most succesfull baits now is pellet paste.Fill a bowl with 6 or 8 mill pellet....pour boiling water over them till they are just covered and leave over night.Next morning knead it into a paste.If it is too mushy just add finely chopped bread until the texture feels just right.Fox .....do a plastic spigot that goes on a hair rig ( instead of the loop ) squeeze some paste on the spigot and freeline.Keep hold of your rod as the bites can get very fierce when the fish feel the hook . Pete.

Interests
    fishing fishing and fishing
    Favourite Rod
    century tip tornado
    Favourite Reel
    shimano big pit long cast
    Best Catch
    9lb shore cod 223lb catfish,5lb bass,44lb carp,6lb chub,3.5lb perch,3lb sea trout,6lb zander,
    Favourite Fishing
    Lures
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheese paste is still a top bait for carp ,along with chub etc ,i used to catch lots of carp and tench on a paste made from pheasant pellets,couple of eggs and a hint of curry powder,the funny thing was it used to work better when it was stale !

bri.

WSF Hardcore Poster jackfishing's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing?
    Favourite Rod
    FC Monster, Xzoga Black Buster, JM Power spell
    Favourite Reel
    Alutecnos Gorilla 12 and 12C, Ajiking Pro Jigger (T-bar handle), JM PE5N
    Best Catch
    Bullsharks, Sandbar Shark, Blacktips, Mekong cat, Siamese Carp, Stripped Cats, Arapaima,Red Tail etc
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petertheporter View Post
    Years ago before commercial fisheries were around bread paste was one of the best baits for carp.Then came along boilies...pellet meat....ect.One of my most succesfull baits now is pellet paste.Fill a bowl with 6 or 8 mill pellet....pour boiling water over them till they are just covered and leave over night.Next morning knead it into a paste.If it is too mushy just add finely chopped bread until the texture feels just right.Fox .....do a plastic spigot that goes on a hair rig ( instead of the loop ) squeeze some paste on the spigot and freeline.Keep hold of your rod as the bites can get very fierce when the fish feel the hook . Pete.
    Thanks Pete,

the funny thing is this is the same method they use in Hatyai, Songkhla (fish pellets + water) for mekong catfish. I never saw it used anywhere else in Thailand. Not in Bangkok and not in Phuket. The first time I was given a bucket of pellets and no bread I thought what the heck do I do with this? How do I put it on the hook? It proved really successful. If the paste got to wet, bread or rice bran flour was added, again just like you said.

In Bangkok the paste they use is bread based. Its the most popular method at the smaller fishing venues.

I have been making some paste from chopped up bread and sugar. Hoping to give it a go on UK carp this week. I might get a few odd looks from the regular fishermen.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    fishing horseracing
    Favourite Rod
    anything that catches
    Favourite Reel
    anything shimano
    Best Catch
    28 lb common carp.... 11. 9 oz smooth hound...5 lb bass...19 lb conger ..boat
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only carp go for this ....tench roach bream....and the bonus is it freezes so any left over bait can be saved and you can also make a load up put it in the freezer and you have always got a standby bait ready if you go fishing on the impulse.Let me know how you make out.Pete.

Best Catch
    Spose i should say the wife!
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use paste alot in the warmer months.
    Wrapped round a boilie so that it releases nicely it is quite often devastating.

Interests
    All fishing and anything to do with birds LOL
    Favourite Rod
    16 metre pole
    Favourite Reel
    ABU 7000.
    Best Catch
    28lb cod. 300lb of carp(in a match) The Missus.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Fair Chance
    Post Thanks / Like

Paste.

To remove this advert please register for a free account

IMHO the easiest paste to make IS. Green swimstim just add water to get the texture YOU want.

IT is a brilliant groundbait for Bream/Tench/Carp.