Best Catch
    9lb Lake Trout Canada BC
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyfish Anywhere 6 & Bait Multi

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Hey,
    Has anyone experianced this or the 4oz model, can get one for 100 notes? To be used for general beach and rock work and to devlop casting beyond the overhead thumper. any thoughts appreciated, ta!

Smut Hunter

Favourite Rod
    Century Carbon Metal Crest
    Favourite Reel
    Speedmaster IICFS
    Best Catch
    15Lbs 8Oz Starry Smoothy
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Generally good rods.Good for up to 8Oz pendulum, fantastic blank, let down by shoddy rings

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^ As above, the rings situation - one fall of the rod and the eyes will need replacing from what i've heard from peeps.

Welcome to the forum by the way!!!!!

The videos highlight is a 26lb12oz shore caught schlonger (conger)

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Musician
    Favourite Rod
    Zziplex Zero plus
    Favourite Reel
    Abu 6500 mag elite florida orange
    Best Catch
    22lb cod and 22lb rainbow trout
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad workmen always blame their tools...nothing wrong with BSVLG fujis, I make sure my rods can't fall over, and have been using these since 1985 (my GSIs have them). If you stabilise the rod rest, your rods shouldn't fall over onto the rocks.

ptr

"TO ADD SPEED, JUST ADD LIGHTNESS"
    Colin Chapman
    Lotus cars
    Endorsed by Phil Hyde
    Rodbuilder.
    The bitterness of poor quality still remains
    after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten

WSF Hardcore Poster Ian Houlton's Avatar

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    MTI Bass/ Pathfinder 8 boat rod
    Favourite Reel
    Surfmaster 70 please bring them back
    Best Catch
    20lb tope on a size 6 hook!
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    ChrisP's quicksilver
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Mr Shambrooke reads this!

I sold one of these 2 weeks ago to a guy who had some coaching off me. when it turned up I took it out the bag for a look and actually wanted one.
    The guy picked it up and 10 days later leaves a message on my phone saying he really could not get on with it at all and could not cast it any further than his Composite Daiwa rod. I thoughi that was a touch odd really so called to arrainge to meet him locally and have a look at helping him use it. I was actually intending to call Colin Olver because I am no expert caster.
    I did call AFAW that day and spoke to Julian, Very helpfull bloke I will say that!
    Reasured I met up with the customer in Yeovil and he proceded to take out his rod (at this point I will remind you I have recently had eye surgery)
    While he was taking the rod out, I noticed what a bloody huge tip eye it had and wondered why I had not noticed it before.
    reel goes on, and I put a 5.25oz lead on. I Get him doing basic off the ground stuff with the lead in differing start points and the guy is loving it, really pleased he was.
    I then ask him for a crack and that is very nearly what I got! the rod felt so springy I really thought it would break if I hoofed it.
    ten minutes later I am needing to go home and this bloke turns and says
    "all very good Ian but I prefer to use a 3 or 4oz lead"
    so I take the lead, hold it up and say "5.25 oz lead Colin and you did great"
    I then run my finger down the length of the rod, point to the graphics and ask "what does that say?" hoping he would read the part that read 6 and bait.
    He said "er it says Daiwa"
    PLANK! When he took the rod home the first night, he took it out to compaire with his old Daiwa rod, then put the bloody things in the wrong bags! he had 2 sessions on Chesil without realising his new rod was at home with his Daiwa in the AWAF bag.
    After some quite elaborate micky taking from me, the bloke agreed to bring his 6 and bait the night after. he was well pleased with it, I really fancy one and the rod cast pretty well, certainly good enough ro get him where he needs to be at his venues.
    I can't see anything at all wrong with them and after my next MTI bass for my birthday I will be having one of the 4 and baits for Coaching.
    So I say get one, you will love it for a 100 quid.
    sorry about the long story but I had to tell someone.
    I will also point out that I am not disrespecting Daiwa rods at all, the rod I can cast furthest with is Daiwa and I will never repace it until it gives up the ghost.
    licensed sea angling coaching sponsored by
    Tubertini UK &[/URL]

WSF Hardcore Poster Ian Houlton's Avatar

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    MTI Bass/ Pathfinder 8 boat rod
    Favourite Reel
    Surfmaster 70 please bring them back
    Best Catch
    20lb tope on a size 6 hook!
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    ChrisP's quicksilver
    Post Thanks / Like
    and thanks to Phil for re woking my Penn Rod also.
    licensed sea angling coaching sponsored by
    Tubertini UK &[/URL]

Interests
    Fishing
    Favourite Rod
    m4 evo, profile evo
    Favourite Reel
    525 Tmag, 7ht mag
    Best Catch
    53lb tope, 11lb thornback, 8lb bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the 4&bait had a nice action but a little on the heavy side compared to other 4oz rods on the market, had a wiggle in the shop and put back on the rack. 6&bait nice blank but not my cup of tea, should be a good caster though and build quality is nice. Don't see why they couldn't use BNHGs though - never had one smash yet, despite a few accidents.

Also tried the lure & bait... reminds me of a £20 carp rod, floppy as hell.

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philtherod View Post
    Bad workmen always blame their tools...nothing wrong with BSVLG fujis, I make sure my rods can't fall over, and have been using these since 1985 (my GSIs have them). If you stabilise the rod rest, your rods shouldn't fall over onto the rocks.

ptr

When i had a 'quick' look at a 6'n'bait in my local tackle shop, the eyes didn't have a fuji stamp on them (I looked when in bad lighting, the eyes looked brittle tho) - as your a rod builder and dealt with all kinds of eyes, don't fuji have their brand name stamped on their wide range of eyes??? I thought if the eyes didn't have fuji stamped on it, it wasn't a fuji or is that to tell if the BNHG's were fakes??? (can tell i ain't a rod builder lol)

Don't know why you can assume a rod that can be damaged is only by a rod falling out of it's rod rest (you must of heard other stories than that old chesnut lol, as you've probably repaired a hell of a lot of rods for peeps over the years). There are many more other accidents that can happen to a rod, but your bound to know that!!!

Personally, i've never had any kind of repair job due to eye damage to any of my rods over the years (BNHG's), tho I did hear of a member on here who had two of them 6'n'baits fall over in one fall from a rod rest (cough cough lol) with 8 eyes popping - now that must of been some fall to do that much damage or maybe the eyes need to be wrapped up in cotton wool (as a figure of speach). Really tho, some peeps out there ain't so careful, and if a rod is laced with eyes that's prone to damage, then it can't really be overly recommended to other peeps where they have an increased chance of a eye repair job in the future, leaving them to spend more readies...

The videos highlight is a 26lb12oz shore caught schlonger (conger)

Interests
    Fishing, Running, Fishing while running
    Favourite Rod
    Conoflex Bass Bandit
    Favourite Reel
    Daiwa
    Best Catch
    9lb Lake Trout Canada BC
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheers people,
    ive got an x tremely sturdy daiwa tripod so may have to risk the rings for a quality blank! LOL at your story ian thats a fairly dumb thing to do though i daresay ive probly done worse myself!
    tanks

Interests
    Fishing
    Favourite Rod
    m4 evo, profile evo
    Favourite Reel
    525 Tmag, 7ht mag
    Best Catch
    53lb tope, 11lb thornback, 8lb bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

The guy in the shop was trying to tell me that they were Zziplex blanks... For £130????????????? Surely not

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast