Favourite Reel
    ABU MAG
    Best Catch
    8 LB BASS
    Post Thanks / Like

namibia

To remove this advert please register for a free account

hello people .

i have a shore trip to namibia coming up in january i have the info from the company we have booked with. if any one has been could please help me with what sort of clothing you wore on the beach. shorts tee shirts. trousers jumpers any help would be great cheers dan.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Sea fishing, shooting, conservation
    Favourite Rod
    Ian Golds Premier Match. Shakespeare Salt 20/30
    Favourite Reel
    Accurate 870-2 speed. Penn 525 Mag Xtra
    Best Catch
    100lb + Sailfish. 23lb + Turbot, shore 105 kg shark
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    One that catches BIG fish.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    hello people .

i have a shore trip to namibia coming up in january i have the info from the company we have booked with. if any one has been could please help me with what sort of clothing you wore on the beach. shorts tee shirts. trousers jumpers any help would be great cheers dan.
    If it's a reputable company they'll tell you everything you need to know. Long sleeve shirts and trousers, factor 40 sun block, sunglasses, shorts, sandels.
    What jabs you need etc. Who are you going with? I went earlier this year so do know a bit.

Interests
    FISHING
    Favourite Rod
    century cme
    Favourite Reel
    ABU MAG
    Best Catch
    8 LB BASS
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi norm

i am going with sea aces. they sent all the info i was just wondering if people had any preference to clothing.
    i nkow what they say would be best.it was to see if it would be to hot or cold in the clothing recommended. and a thank you to you as well for recommmending them to my old man [chris ward] how did you get on when you where out there did you have any bronzies. thanks again dan.

TomBettle
    Don't discount a breathable ultra thin jacket.
    I took a Henry Lloyd summer dinghy sailing style jacket to Cape Verde last April and it was brilliant.
    Not only did it keep the sun off, but it prevented me from chilling in the breeze when I got wet (most of the day).

I could wear it in the very hottest part of the day and feel no hotter than had I been wearing a tee shirt. Interesingly (I know you are beach bound), the boat crew also wore breathable thin jackets.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Rod
    various century
    Favourite Reel
    abu/penn
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    a freind went with mola mola and they were given thin jackets.

he also took loads of old shorts and t shirts and once used gave them all away to the locals.

TomBettle
    Make sure they are breathable if also waterproof or you will die in your own sweat!

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Sea fishing, shooting, conservation
    Favourite Rod
    Ian Golds Premier Match. Shakespeare Salt 20/30
    Favourite Reel
    Accurate 870-2 speed. Penn 525 Mag Xtra
    Best Catch
    100lb + Sailfish. 23lb + Turbot, shore 105 kg shark
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    One that catches BIG fish.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    hi norm

i am going with sea aces. they sent all the info i was just wondering if people had any preference to clothing.
    i nkow what they say would be best.it was to see if it would be to hot or cold in the clothing recommended. and a thank you to you as well for recommmending them to my old man [chris ward] how did you get on when you where out there did you have any bronzies. thanks again dan.
    Hi Dan, you should have read my report in the SAN. Great trip, everything was fine, all inclusive, including the bar. They provide jackets, or smocks, smart too, good in photos, self promotion. I didn't get any bronzies because the last 2 days when we were going to target them my legs got sunburnt and swelled up, my fault entirely, plenty of other fish though. I'm probably going again next year, might be with you. I am also thinking of organising a trip through the SAN as I can get a special 'group deal' and possibly cheaper flights, I'm looking into it. I'd certainly reccommend the guys at Sea Ace, being Brits they understand our needs.

Interests
    cider and fishing!
    Favourite Rod
    wr300/ttr, yamaga early
    Favourite Reel
    diawa 7ht st, technium 3000
    Best Catch
    38lb8oztope, 30lb3ozconger, 10lb7ozbass, 16lb13ozsmoothound, 9lb11s.e., 12lb3ozt.b.,10lb15ozhuss
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    good footwear is a must on the beach and i've purchased some of the surf style neoprene boots for my next visit, only cost £20 from a local surf shop!. also the highest factor sun cream you can get!. even on the overcast days you get burnt!
    enjoy the bronzies!!!, it is the most incredible shore fishing you will do!!!!!, and i cant wait for my next trip over there!

Interests
    FISHING
    Favourite Rod
    century cme
    Favourite Reel
    ABU MAG
    Best Catch
    8 LB BASS
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the replys with all the hints and tips on the clothing footwear and suncream . i am well looking forward to the trip i will let you know how it goes. of out to the shops to start getting the stuff needed thanks again to everyone dan

Interests
    Fishing. Doh!!
    Best Catch
    275lb Copper shark from the beach
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Hi Dan. I got a section from my own trip to Namibia way back in 2004 on my diary site. Some video of what I got up to as well. Search "fishyrob" on YOUTUBE. oh, and start getting very very excited.............!!!! Its a truly awesome experience, and I am very jealous..........

Diary of an obsessed angling Guide....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast