SEARCH WSF

SHARE THIS THREAD:
    WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Fishing Shooting
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Moggs Eeye (Huttoft Beach) Beach Lincolnshire.

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Moggs Eeye (Huttoft Beach) Beach Lincolnshir. For the past 4 weeks been going here fishing. Every time we go there are at least 4 or 5 more people fishing.Just wondering guys what you been catching there etc.We only got very small flatys and whitings(biggest one was last night 35cm). The guy in tackle shop said that people was catching cod there but i never got any or seen anyone getting one. What bait do you use etc and how far do you cast there. Also all fish we got has been night time never got anything else except flatys during the day time. Whats your experience at this beach. I use to fish the Mablethorpe beach and only got flatys there but they are very good size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkal5000 View Post
    Moggs Eeye (Huttoft Beach) Beach Lincolnshir. For the past 4 weeks been going here fishing. Every time we go there are at least 4 or 5 more people fishing.Just wondering guys what you been catching there etc.We only got very small flatys and whitings(biggest one was last night 35cm). The guy in tackle shop said that people was catching cod there but i never got any or seen anyone getting one. What bait do you use etc and how far do you cast there. Also all fish we got has been night time never got anything else except flatys during the day time. Whats your experience at this beach. I use to fish the Mablethorpe beach and only got flatys there but they are very good size.
    well the tackle shop is telling porkies(do you get your bait from him)?? only whitting and flats from close in or far out, think night allways out fish days, if you expecting a cod from the lincs beaches i think you be expecting for a long time, ........si

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Fishing Shooting
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    He only sells bait for pike or coarse fishing. I get all my bait from fishmongers.

Interests
    Fishing, Archery,Metal Detecting and Wood Butchery
    Favourite Rod
    Zziplex even if its busted is amazing and my Century J Curves
    Favourite Reel
    ABU 6500 Mag Elite
    Best Catch
    25lb + Cod 30 miles out Bridlington 1986
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have fished Moggs a few times lately and as Simon says...Ting, Dab and odd Flounder.

Be nice if the Cod where showing.

Jabez
    Sent using my Finger on a Keyboard

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    sea fishing
    Favourite Reel
    7ht turbo penn525 abu 6500
    Best Catch
    26lb stringray smoothounds to17 lb
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    rubber dingy
    Post Thanks / Like
    not seen a cod at moggs for 3 years go there a lot i put bait out long way still dont get cod there bait shop tell you anythink to sell bait but its good place to fish

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Rod
    century cm
    Favourite Reel
    penn525
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

its true wot the other lads say, most tackle shops will exagerate about wots been caught locally, word of mouth spreads like you wouldnt believe and it brings em trade. your best bet for a cod is probably inside the humber or the yorkshire coast , fishing during darkness is generally best what ever species your after.