WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Fishing..well duh... and scuba
    Best Catch
    Big thornyback ray and a small gurnard
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so folkestone pier tomorrow,

To remove this advert please register for a free account

where can i park, do i have to pay to park, how much is it to get on the pier, and where on the peir do i fish.....

Interests
    beach fishing
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carl
    Tickets for the pier are available from the tackle shops. Harbour tackle will sort you out not far from the pier entrance , look for chummys shell fish bar and you Will see Harbor tackle. Follow road signs to harbour
    You can park in the car park next to the pier entrance not cheap you pay per hour if I recall correctly. Look out for the coast guard lookout building next to the pier then your in the right car park. You get to the pier by walking down the train station platform but the shop will direct you.
    Make sure you buy some soft wire fixed wire leads from the shop, these pull out of the snags much better. Fish at the knuckle use black lug tipped with fish or squid and your be OK for dabs. Have a good one.

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks mate, i hope its a more productive day than the parade on sunday....

Interests
    beach fishing
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    how did it go?

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Post Thanks / Like
    i couldnt find folkestone pier believe it or not, i drove around following the harbour signs, and went down to some boulavard with amusments and a seaside resort thing but there was no water, the boats were sitting on the floor and i could not see a pier, so i drove to dover stopped for bait in that little shop down the road from admiraty, thouht about doing that pier and then headed for deal.

deal has shelters and it was cold wet windy all day.... or should i say extremely cold extremely wet ect ect...

just as an FYI to anyone who wants to try deal, there is a film crew in town who have comandered the carpark right next the pier...
    although the day was not a complete waste.... i caught a SMALL CODLING.... so not all bad, hey....

Interests
    fishing, fishing, fishing
    Favourite Rod
    zziplex 4500S/ abu suveran 9'6" uptide
    Favourite Reel
    penn 525 mag/ abu 7000 lever drag
    Best Catch
    16lb blonde ray(boat) 7lb codling (shore) 59lb carp (france)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you drove straight past it mate. when you've got the harbour on your left instead of going round the bend to the right do a left towards the level crossing. the car park is on the right and as steve f said earlier, you have to walk through the station to get to the pier.

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh well... i had fun none the less...

WSF Regular Poster

Interests
    Best Catch
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh one thing which i forgot at the time but now i remember, i did have a stroke of luck....(i guess you can call it that)

on my very last cast, i pulled on the rod, and would you believe it i had a snag.... my rod was almost doubled over, and the line was singing in the wind under the strain.... then whatever it was moved a bit... and then a bit more, and then i had a funny quivver sensation on the rod... now at this point the rod is still bent over dounle and i am thinking... god i hope this isnt a fish this thing could pull me in....

but anyway cut a long story short, after about 10 minutes of small movements and alot of back strain i pulled in about 25 lost rigs complete with wieghts.... (about 10 grip wieghts i think...) and other things which looked interesting... the strange thing is the grip leads were not looking shabby at all... do they never rust....

but anyway considering those wieghts are like £1 each and i only paid £6 to get on the pier i made money..... lol there must be a snag between the 2nd and third shelter.... i dont know..... but i cleared it out of lost rigs... lmao/..

Interests
    beach fishing
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Make sure the connecting eye has not rusted. They may look OK but check for weakness near the lead.
    I have had problems with recovered leads when the eye broke therefore I would not use them for power casting unless your absolutely sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast