WSF Hardcore Poster Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing !!
    Favourite Rod
    Ugly Stick
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 50T
    Best Catch
    Boat 130lb Sailfish 60/70lb Copper Steenbras Rocks 200lbs Raggy Fresh 147lb Wells Catfish 39lb Carp
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    QE2
    Post Thanks / Like

New EU fishing license rules.

To remove this advert please register for a free account

The following information is mainly for anglers who coarse fish in Spain and have licenses although it may be an issue with other European licenses and in the end, Great Britain and Southern Ireland.

Keep at least a copy of your old passport because someone has tried to renew their (Spanish) Andalucian coarse license and because their passport number was different to the one they originally supplied the authorities wouldnít renew it. (Spaniards have the same number all their life) The problem was only got round by producing the old passport to prove he was the same person. If he hadnít he would have had to take the 24 hour course and test again.

The following information is a warning to all UK anglers. One of our contacts who is high up in the Spanish fishing federation tells us the European department of the environment is bringing out a new law covering all member states. A test similar to Andaluciaís is to be introduced to obtain a coarse fishing license. He suspects anyone already having a license before the new law is implemented will not have to take the test, BUT in Spain as I said earlier, the Spanish keep the same id number and renew their license whereas the Brits donít, they apply for a new one each year. My advice is to keep all fishing licenses even if they have run out as they might just come in handy.

By the way we still donít know if our course and test loophole will stay open after 1st January but we will keep our fingers crossed. We are still getting round the need to produce an NIE document (Spanish equivalent to a British national insurance number). We have no news of which Spanish regions are getting together, that is: one license covers all. We also donít know if the regions will be copying Andalucia by bringing in the course and test.

Non of this so far appears to be changing beach or boat fishing licensing laws in Spain except that one now has to produce an NIE document. Or you can fish in Spain if you hold an in date beach/boat fishing license from another EU member country. (Not much help to the Brits or Irish).

I would add a warning to those anglers coming on holiday next year (To Andalucia at least) It is a criminal offence to fish, coarse and sea, without a license and details of your offence can be added to your passport details and kept on record by the Spanish authorities. You could be flagged up as a minor criminal when booking flights or showing your passport on arrival. Imagine how much trouble that might cause when trying to get into the United States if they had the info. One way out of the above would be to obtain a new passport which for now would come with a new number.
    My concern is for holidaying anglers like the dozens I meet every year who donít know a license is required in Spain, they just bring their travel rod with them and off they go.

Anyway donít shoot the messenger, Beachcomber John.
    08 x 58
    09 x 36
    10 x 18
    11/12 x 33
    Painted & Common Combers, Pickerel, Channel & Spanish Mackerel, Blue Mouth Rockfish, Greater Weaver, Sea Perch, Twin Banded Bream, Pandora, Dorada, Common, Annular & Saddled Bream, Pouting, Scabbard. European, Moray & Conger Eels, Meagre, Bogue, Hake, Lizard fish, Common Stingray, Sunfish, Bluefish, W.E. Flounder. Melva, Little, Albacore & Blue Fin Tunas, Octopus, Barracuda, Red Gurnard, Fork Beard, Triggerfish.
    http://www.beachcombermojacar.com

WSF Hardcore Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to do the German Licence but I don't think I needed a Passport for that, just an ID Photo, etc. Must have a quick check though, if a EU fishing licence is somewhat inevitable in time. At least it sounds like I could use that to fish in Spain with an appropriate local licence.

Steinbeisser

Interests
    A bit of golf between the fishing. Can get a bit crazy about mullet
    Favourite Rod
    light spinner
    Favourite Reel
    Shimano Baitrunner
    Best Catch
    The last fish I caught
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    The Bearacuda
    Post Thanks / Like

no pay

said it before and i will say it again

God put the fish in the water and I will pay him for the privelage of fishing - not some halfwit pen pusher in Dublin/Brussels/London etc (delete as necessary)

WSF Hardcore Poster finnmaccool's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing, eating and drinking!!
    Favourite Rod
    Shimano Beast Master Tele 2.7
    Favourite Reel
    shimano stradic 4000FH
    Best Catch
    Bass 3.5kg
    Favourite Fishing
    Lures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. Pen pushing halfwits aside, I can't see why sea fishing licences haven't been introduced in the UK as it'd be a tremendous source of revenue for the state and some of that revenue could be ploughed into conservation/education. Just because you don't pay in Blighty, doesn't necessarily mean you don't elsewhere. When in Rome etc...
    the pump don't work 'cos the vandals took the handles...

Finn

Interests
    Fishing !!
    Favourite Rod
    Ugly Stick
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 50T
    Best Catch
    Boat 130lb Sailfish 60/70lb Copper Steenbras Rocks 200lbs Raggy Fresh 147lb Wells Catfish 39lb Carp
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    QE2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbeisser View Post
    I had to do the German Licence but I don't think I needed a Passport for that, just an ID Photo, etc. Must have a quick check though, if a EU fishing licence is somewhat inevitable in time. At least it sounds like I could use that to fish in Spain with an appropriate local licence.

Steinbeisser
    Because you have passed a test to get your coarse license you can get a Spanish one without the need to do the test but I'm not sure how you or they would get round you likely not having an NIE number.

Anglers with any beach and boat license, indate from another member country can fish without applying for a Spanish license so not having an NIE document wont be a problem.

Long term and once and if a test is mandatory in all member states I suspect one coarse license will also cover all.

Beachcomber John.
    08 x 58
    09 x 36
    10 x 18
    11/12 x 33
    Painted & Common Combers, Pickerel, Channel & Spanish Mackerel, Blue Mouth Rockfish, Greater Weaver, Sea Perch, Twin Banded Bream, Pandora, Dorada, Common, Annular & Saddled Bream, Pouting, Scabbard. European, Moray & Conger Eels, Meagre, Bogue, Hake, Lizard fish, Common Stingray, Sunfish, Bluefish, W.E. Flounder. Melva, Little, Albacore & Blue Fin Tunas, Octopus, Barracuda, Red Gurnard, Fork Beard, Triggerfish.

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    century vectra
    Favourite Reel
    saltish 30h
    Best Catch
    my new baby girl
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did my fresh water test here in slovakia i got a spanish Nie how would i go about the licence then john
    species caught in Fuerteventura:Boga ,lizard fish,wrasse,,kingfish,butterfly ray,red bream triggerfish
    2 banded bream
    if there is no fishing in heaven i am not going
    my photos can be seen here www.fuerteshoot.smugmug.com
    ]

Interests
    Fishing !!
    Favourite Rod
    Ugly Stick
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 50T
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    QE2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    i did my fresh water test here in slovakia i got a spanish Nie how would i go about the licence then john
    Hi Skippy, two questions, is Slovakia a fully blown member of the EU? and have you got an indate English license to hand?

John.

P.S. Gotta jump on a flight to Uk soon, mums not well so it might be a day or two before I can answer, sorry, Beachcomber John.
    08 x 58
    09 x 36
    10 x 18
    11/12 x 33

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    century vectra
    Favourite Reel
    saltish 30h
    Best Catch
    my new baby girl
    Post Thanks / Like
    slovakia is a full meber of the eu and even has the euro not got an english 1 got a slovakian 1 thou
    species caught in Fuerteventura:Boga ,lizard fish,wrasse,,kingfish,butterfly ray,red bream triggerfish
    2 banded bream
    if there is no fishing in heaven i am not going
    my photos can be seen here www.fuerteshoot.smugmug.com
    ]

Interests
    Fishing !!
    Favourite Rod
    Ugly Stick
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 50T
    Best Catch
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Favourite Boat
    QE2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    slovakia is a full meber of the eu and even has the euro not got an english 1 got a slovakian 1 thou
    In that case Skippy I cant see any reason, other than they insist on a Spanish NIE number (We have been getting around it) why you shouldnt be able to go to any License office in any big Andalucian town and get an Andalucian course license.
    You will have to supply your Slovakian (Original) license and maybe proof you passed a test to get it. Plus a copy of your passport. I think a 5 year license is about €48.00. One more thing you will have to get and provide is a one year third party insurance policy covering you for hunting and fishing. The one our contact has to buy is €23 but it can be renewed on a household policy for as little as €9.00.I'm sure either the bank you will have to pay at or the fisheries office you apply at will tell you where you can get this locally. By law you are supposed to renew the policy each year although Ive not heard of anyone being asked for it.

If you or anyone else is not in Spain or dont want the hassle of doing it yourself the proper way, that is, taking the test, paying for the license and the first year insurance. Our contact will do it all in for €160.00. You will have to send the cash or al portador Spanish cheque with all the documents and if the loophole stays open after the new year your application will be put in. You can email me at beachcomber???john@gmail.com (Take out the three ???) and I'll pass on the contacts details.

Best wishes, John.
    08 x 58
    09 x 36
    10 x 18
    11/12 x 33

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Rod
    Richard Walker MkIV
    Favourite Reel
    Alcocks Aerial
    Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Post Thanks / Like

Andalusian style licenses

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Interesting and stupid development. I was in the Lecrin valley this summer - reservoir full of carp but getting a license all but impossible. This sort of licensing regime is practically forcing people to fish illegally. There is a lot of good legislation coming out of the EU, but this is crap. Contact you MEP and complain. I know, I know, but its the only way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast