fishing
    Best Catch
    the wife
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry barmouth/tal-y-bont

To remove this advert please register for a free account

just a short post to make everyone aware that some scrote is setting nets on the beach just in front of sunny sands caravan site,within 20metres of the shore,if any of you get down that way it might be worth taking your filleting knife with you as the setting loops are clearly visable,i informed the local plod but they were not interested, by the way the chap in question puts his net in a big dustbin and drags it up the launch ramp to SUNNY SANDS caravan site,it doesnt take much thought to figger out where he is based,

Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its always a very sad state of affairs to find a netter operating on your local beach and really the only way to find out if it is, illegaly set, is to contact the local environment agency or Defra.

Sadly you will find that in a lot of cases, netting is legal in a lot of areas, subject to bylaws.

Of all the things we can do to stop this, one thing we must not do in a public forum, is encourage acts, that also might be illegal.

Please bear that in mind, it doesn't take much for netting threads to get out of hand.

WSF Hardcore Poster sallysludgebucket's Avatar

Interests
    FISHING !
    Favourite Reel
    I love em all !
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mate has a caravan on Sunny sands, I have given him the telephone numbers to contact the authorits, and explained that a top pointer with an illigal net is that it has no contact number on the bouys. He is going down this weekend, will fill you in on what he finds out.

This is the Defra hotline for illigal netting 0800 807 060,

load it onto your mobile so you always have it to hand when you need it !
    Know how to prevent sagging?
    Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.
    Website dealing with yet another flood we suffered, thanks to all for the assistance.

WSF Regular Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this helps It may be out of the area

THE SEA FISHERIES REGULATION ACT, 1966

LIMITS OF THE DISTRICT

As defined by the North Western and North Wales Sea Fisheries District Order, 1999. S.I. 1999 No. 1043.

"Sea Fisheries District

1. There shall continue to be sea fisheries district comprising so much of the sea within the national waters of the United Kingdom adjacent to England and Wales and so much of the sea within six nautical miles of the baselines (as they existed at 25th January 1983 in accordance with the Territorial Waters Order in Council 1964(c), as amended by the Territorial Waters (Amendment) Order in Council 1979(d) from which the breadth of the territorial sea of the United Kingdom adjacent to England and Wales is measured, with the adjoining coast, as lies within the following limits, namely:- on the north, a line drawn true south-west from the seaward extremity of Haverigg Point in the county of Cumbria (being the southern boundary of the Cumbria Sea Fisheries District); and, on the south, a line drawn true north-west from the northern extremity of Cemaes Head in the county of Ceredigion (being the northern boundary of the South Wales Sea Fisheries District).

The sea fisheries district shall not extend above a line drawn at or near the mouth of every river or stream flowing into the sea or into any estuary, or of the estuaries, within the limits of the said district, as follows:-

A line drawn across the river Dee (Dyfrdwy) from Hilbre Point to the north-western extremity of Hilbre Island in the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, thence to the disused lighthouse at the Point of Ayr, in the county of Flintshire;

A line drawn across the river Clwyd, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A548 road at Rhyl;

Lines drawn across the rivers Conwy and Aber, along the seaward side of the railway bridges across the said rivers near Conwy and Aber respectively;

A line drawn across the river Seiont, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A487 road at Caernarfon;

A line drawn across the mouth of Foryd Bay (river Gwyrfai) from Ty-calch to the flagstaff at Belan Fort;

A line drawn across the river Cefni, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A4080 road at Malltraeth;

A line drawn across the river Soch, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A499 road at Abersoch;

A line drawn across the river Erch, along the seaward side of the railway bridge at Pwllheli Harbour;

A line drawn across the river Rhyd-hir, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the Embankment Road at the western side of Pwllheli Harbour;

A line drawn across the river Glaslyn, along the seaward side of the embankment near Porthmadog;

Lines drawn across the rivers Dwyryd and Artro, along the seaward side of the railway bridges across the said rivers near Llandecwyn and Llanbedr and Pen-Sarn Stations respectively;

Lines drawn across the rivers Ysgethin and Dysynni, along the seaward side of the railway bridges across the said rivers near Tal-y-bont and Tonfanau respectively;

A line drawn across the river Mawddach, from the point at which it is joined on the north shore by the Cwm-llechan stream near Bontddu to the point on the south shore where it is joined by the Gwynant stream;

A line drawn across the river Dyfi, from the point at Trefri to the south western abutment of the railway bridge across the Tre'r-ddol stream (river Clettwr);

A line drawn across the river Aeron, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A487 road at Aberaeron;

A line drawn across the river Teifi, along the seaward side of the bridge carrying the A487 road at Cardigan;

A line drawn across every river or stream not herein before specified, such line being in continuation of the coast at mean high water springs.

Regards Rich

Interests
    fishing, gardening, diy ,tropical fish keeping
    Favourite Rod
    TDPK13M
    Favourite Reel
    my 2 new abu 7000 s ;]
    Best Catch
    16.75lb salmon,14.5 pound conger ,11.5 lbling,8lb cod,4lb bass,4.5 kg zander,4lb flounder,6lb spur
    Post Thanks / Like
    you think the local police would do something seeing as the nets are probably on a beach used by bathers from the caravan site .

Mark
    2009 Norway
    Sessions 2
    Blanks 0
    Fish count 1 Plaice , 1 Flounder ,16+yting ,1 Cod ,1 Pollock
    Girlfriend count Just 1 so far

looking at life in a different way for the better

Favourite Fishing
    Boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    STOP ILLEGAL NETTING

To report a possible illegality

Tel 01253 837515 24hr No is 0207 270 8960

There is illegal netting on the North Wales coastline. Any gill net on any beach above the low water line in certain named areas is illegal.

If you see a net being set to fish, phone the 24hr number immediately - Day or Night! and if a car is involved, please take a note of it's description and registration number as accurately as you can.

All calls are dealt with as strictly private and confidential and remain so.

Do not be afraid of being wrong - The authorities would rather receive a hundred false alarms than see a Gill Net go without notice.

If you truly care about your sport and fish stocks and know of where a gill net is being used or fishing, phone the number stated.

Only specific sizes of trawlers are allowed within a certain distance of our shores to fish.

Within 6 Nautical miles, trawlers up to 45 ft on length are allowed to operate within the North Western & North Wales Sea fisheries Committee area specifically north and east of a line drawn from Rhyl whilst up to a maximum of 50 ft south and west of Rhyl.

Beam net trawlers of 70 ft and over (Usually fitted with large beams on each side of the vessel) are not allowed to fish inside the 12 mile limit.

Also, if you see beam trawling too close in or if any commercial fleet boat has gone too close to your vessel or is in an out of bounds area, please ring the numbers provided asap, preferably with the name of the boat and its registration number (usually found on the bow or stern).

I would ask all anglers to act positively at all times to highlight the effect of over exploitation of fish stocks wherever it may occur.

PRINT THIS PAGE AND KEEP IN YOUR TACKLE BAG!

I found this on the angling webring, it seems they are quite happy to have it reproduced. May be useful but I can't vouch for the phone numbers personally.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Shore fishing, Cardigan Bay coast
    Post Thanks / Like
    It may be relevant that a bylaw bans netting at Borth from April-Nov I think. Presumably this is because the beach is used a lot by swimmers/bathers and it's a safety issue. I wonder if other popular beaches are similarly protected - I know Tywyn isn't.

Cheers - John

King of Kings

Interests
    sharks,wrexham football
    Favourite Rod
    one i got
    Favourite Reel
    one i got
    Best Catch
    6lb thornback ray,7lb cod
    Post Thanks / Like

Question did not see

hi scotton was down there couple of weeks ago did not see it

.shaggy
    Last edited by Jon Law; 01-08-2006 at 18:09.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

I have read the thread giving restricted area's before. I am not sure where exactly it is even after reading that, I guess it is down to local knowledge.
    I am going to have to pay more attention there is alot more of it going on than you think (but less than is often hyped up about).

Met a bloke who sells mullet he catches to a chineese

Meant to ask which one so I could avoid it.