WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lincolnshire Shore Fishing

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Hi Guys,

This is my conundrum......

I'm landlocked in Leicestershire and looking to spend a few days here and there over the coming months doing what beach fishing I can on the nearby Lincolnshire coast (poss the nearest saltwater to me).
    Whilst I am a coarse angler at heart, I do have a bit of shore fishing kit and was hoping to do a bit of feathering/spinning for mackerel.

Could anybody tell me of any good spots, or even best times to go etc or if I need to try a different coastline or species.

Grateful as always for any help.

Thanks in advance

Interests
    fishing!
    Favourite Rod
    Tip tornado super match
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 525 mag + mag elite green
    Best Catch
    The misus + 12lb 1oz barbel
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're going to have to wait a few months before the mackeral to arive as they prefer warm water. Best advise would be to find a tackle shop close to the stretch of coast you want to fish and after buying a few 3 hook flappers, shock leader and a few grip leads, not to mention £10 worth of lug worm and some mackrel for tipping, Quizz him for some local knowledge. Once at the beach, Plonk your self about 20m away from an angler and pop over for a friendly chat.
    PS. Keep reading all you can on here as there is mountains of good info to be had. DLR
    DLR

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Shore fishing, piking, Hull City, cars (armchair)
    Favourite Rod
    Shakey 13'MX or AFAW Clubman
    Favourite Reel
    7HT (not so posey as my chrome rocket though)
    Best Catch
    4lb shore cod,Wolfish (Iceland), little angler fish (scotland)...2lb whiting...19lb pike..
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    George Boateng
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chapel St Leonards near skeg - south of chapel point, suggest a 2 hook rig with lug for flatties or maybe or codling this time of year. In the summer, has a rep for smoothhounds. At night is best for these.

Humberstone fitties, Cleethorpes. Flatties all year round cast in the creek - a short lob so flappers and carp rod and 3oz fine.

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks both for the info....very helpful.

I am looking to go probably May onwards, so will be a little warmer for makerel, and thanks also for the info on flatties (are we talking dab??). The research I'd done did point out Chapel Point so again thanks for that.

Last question if I may....... for those Mackerel, is it just as simple as using feather's and jerky slow retrieving, or is it a little more complex than that http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ies/bangin.gif

As for asking the locals.....thats always been a handy hint.....even for coarse fishing.

Thanks again guys !!!!!

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    supercast sts13pm
    Favourite Reel
    penn 525
    Best Catch
    29lb ling & 19lb cod
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbiff View Post
    Thanks both for the info....very helpful.

I am looking to go probably May onwards, so will be a little warmer for makerel, and thanks also for the info on flatties (are we talking dab??). The research I'd done did point out Chapel Point so again thanks for that.

Last question if I may....... for those Mackerel, is it just as simple as using feather's and jerky slow retrieving, or is it a little more complex than that http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ies/bangin.gif

As for asking the locals.....thats always been a handy hint.....even for coarse fishing.

Thanks again guys !!!!!
    try to fish the lincs beaches without even thinking about having a go for the mackerel, as i have never seen 1 caught off the beach round the areas in question, try to head south a bit onto the shingle beaches of norfolk for your best chances.
    possible to pick up the odd bass with a lure off the beaches, but would not pin my hopes of catching one ( there is a few places in lincs that produce very well to lure fishin for bass, but i do not wish to divulge if thats ok?
    best bet is worm, peeler crab and bit of squid for the forthcoming months to target the bass on the beach and smoothies when they arrive and the inevitable crabs

hope this hasnt bashed your ideas too much ref the macky, and good luck wherever you end up

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that Krysb.....

The Norfolk coastline is still within easy reach, so will probably give that a go.......sadly has to be shore fishing, as the wife and kiddies will be in tow and she wont be too happy if I **** off on a boat for several hours.

Your advice is very useful though, and shame about the Mackies, but a bonus Bass will always be a nice treat. With regards the shingley beaches, not nowing the area at all, would that be sort of Hunstanton to Wells ????

On a different note, I noticed the Pompey badge......we've got your boys down here tomorrow and if you don't mind me saying....we need the 3 points more than you guys do

Thanks again !!!!

Interests
    fishing
    Favourite Rod
    supercast sts13pm
    Favourite Reel
    penn 525
    Best Catch
    29lb ling & 19lb cod
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

lincs beaches

[QUOTE=kevbiff;3265220]Thanks for that Krysb.....

The Norfolk coastline is still within easy reach, so will probably give that a go.......sadly has to be shore fishing, as the wife and kiddies will be in tow and she wont be too happy if I **** off on a boat for several hours.

Your advice is very useful though, and shame about the Mackies, but a bonus Bass will always be a nice treat. With regards the shingley beaches, not nowing the area at all, would that be sort of Hunstanton to Wells ????

On a different note, I noticed the Pompey badge......we've got your boys down here tomorrow and if you don't mind me saying....we need the 3 points more than you guys do

norfolk not my spec area mate, i tend to do the lincs beaches up the coast to north yorks etc

as for on a different note, i know we dont really need the points, but it would be rather good to take em off ya tho lmao!!!!!:roll1

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbiff View Post
    Thanks for that Krysb.....

Thanks again !!!!

Have a look in the east coast part of the forum buddy and look at the reports a little further round than wells like weybourne,cley,salthouse,trimmingham etc nice beaches not much about at the moment wont be long though...

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little off topic for a bit i know but.....do portsmouth still get 3 points now and then? lol Sorry couldnt resist.

As for your fishing, there has been some good tips given and i wish you the best of luck on your quest.
    www.britishseaanglers.com

......ADB Approved Angling Coach......

fishingnortheast

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Shore fishing, piking, Hull City, cars (armchair)
    Favourite Rod
    Shakey 13'MX or AFAW Clubman
    Favourite Reel
    7HT (not so posey as my chrome rocket though)
    Best Catch
    4lb shore cod,Wolfish (Iceland), little angler fish (scotland)...2lb whiting...19lb pike..
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    George Boateng
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

I saw a mackeral caught off hornsea last year, never seen that before....but I think the deeper beaches in norfolk like sheringham might do it. I reckon trying for mackeral off lincolnshire beaches won't work.

Dabs, yes. Or flounders. But dabs I think at fitties... - I'm only a bit better than that fisheries minister on Hugh FW ch4 programme on id'ing fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast