Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

SHARE THIS THREAD:
    WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Quote Originally Posted by it was this big honest View Post
    Am i right in saying that worms are not fish?Why should bait being dug come under jurisdiction of the fisheries,because all the bait dug is fed to fish anyway,seems a bit harsh when the government are in favour of leisure activities that people can try to persecute others in persuit of their chosen leisure activity.
    What you need to be aware of is that MCZs do not protect fish they are there to protect the habitat i.e sand, mud, silt, coral,scars etc.
    How fishing with hook and line can damage these i cannot understand, as you say it is people who do not partake in angling that will decide the out come.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    bass fishing football L.F.C
    Favourite Rod
    zziplex bass/conoflex gambit24
    Favourite Reel
    abu 6500c3
    Best Catch
    10lb10ozbass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up mcz

i would have made the whole of the duddon and morecambe bay mcz KEEP THE NETTERS OUT

WSF Hardcore Poster evertontoffe's Avatar

Interests
    fishing junkies
    Favourite Rod
    all of um
    Favourite Reel
    Scottish...
    Best Catch
    him 17lb cod her 12lb carp
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Herring

Does anyone else think this may be a way of keeping people away from highly polluted areas of
    the coast? I'm not taking the micky, the only reason i ask is me and er indoors were looking to stay
    round Ravensglass and googled for campsites in the area, amongst the search results were a scale
    of heavy metal pollution in Ravensglass estuary, they were official government results and made very
    grim reading, heavy traces of mercury were the most prominent and it showed how samples were taken
    with a tube pushed a metre down into the sand, heavy metals were there in many many times more than
    was safe, pretty sure i posted about it at the time but it was a good while ago....only a thought as things
    so often are not what they seem especially were government is involved.. A consultant treating a mate recently
    told him not to eat any fish especially shell fish out of Morecambe Bay....makes you think, of course that could have
    been his personal hunch and not info he's privy to...
    Have tried several times to find the pollution resuls without success, but i know what we read.....
    The pride of moysey-side

Interests
    I do a good bit of cycling and tie a few flies out of season.
    Favourite Rod
    It's not a sea rod - my 5wt Snowbee Diamond fly-rod when after trout.
    Favourite Reel
    Not enough experience to pick a favourite - happy with my SL20SH's.
    Best Catch
    Sea? So far loads of Tuna and a Dorado on a tropical boat day.
    Favourite Fishing
    Fly Fishing
    Post Thanks / Like

Well these MCZ's have taken a bit of hit. What a shame.

I think the thread title for this was a bit one sided. Could as easily have said "Protecting the stocks you fish for" as "Threatening your right to fish". Anyhow the gov't is now cutting 75% of these zones and I think that's something we'll look back on and regret.

I read through the Irish Sea MCZ final reccomendations posted by stevieg (thanks) http://www.irishseaconservation.org....%20summary.pdf and apart from some possible minor controls of bait digging that the report says is probably unnecessary it doesn't seem likely to impact recreational angling in a negative way very much even in the reference areas. It could improve recreational angling greatly if the sea bed and habitat starts to support more fish.

I think you're lucky if you fish the Irish Sea that you're not one of the 75% that were cut and left to continue their decline.

WSF Regular Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

a good read this , well done lads

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678