7HT
    Best Catch
    Bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyfish Anywhere 6 and bait

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Looking a for a new rod to fish the bristol channel. At the moment I use a tip tornado sport and an ancient zziplex. But the zziplex has seen better days and has started to crack around the joint so i need to replace it.

Been looking and the Anyfish Anywhere 6 and bait and seems a nice rod for the money. Has anyone used this rod?

Iv read that the eyes are pretty rubbish and will probebly need replacing. Apart from that whats it like?

I'll be using it on mixed to rough ground off the rocks I usualy get snagged and have to cope with massive amounts of weed and very strong tides on the south wales coast.

Also does anyone else recommend any other rods?

WSF Hardcore Poster Barbel Dave's Avatar

Interests
    Fishing... Coarse (Barbel and Pike mostly ) and Sea.. Beach and Boat.
    Favourite Rod
    H,mm really like my Tournie Match, but love my Conoflex Flick Tip, 3 piece custom made.
    Favourite Reel
    7HT
    Best Catch
    66lb Conger..19lb Pollack..20lb Ling..12lb Barbel ..21lb Pike 60lb Tope. 6lb Chub .91/2lb shore Cod
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

6n bait

Hi,I managed to source a minter for not very much,for fishing rough ground and cliffs,and tbh I dont think for the cash you can do much better.......it is quite a powerful rod,and has done some very good distances on the field,slim,with a thick walled blank that will easily take the rough and tumble of rough ground work.
    It has factory built Fuji B N O G rings,which are ok,if you give it a clean down after a trip they will be fine,I have used mine on some pretty rough stuff in rain and wind in the past months ,and apart from the usual scuffs the rings and whippings are fine.
    Mine is a 13ft multi rod.....I have fitted x wrap for better grip,and a carbon screw reel fitting because I dont trust coasters,and it compares pretty favourably with other more expensive rods imo.
    There must be something ok about them,because you dont see them in the classified ads very often.

Dave

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll second what Dave has said above^^^. They'll cope with your needs just fine. The worry you had about the rings pertains to the first generation, which admittedly had crap rings (replaced 2 of mine after just 2 sessions), but the latest ones with Fujis are great. I dont have one, but did have the 1st run of the 6nbait, and it was a great rod then, so with quality rings it can only be better.
    Now....if Sonik only made the SK3 with Fujis.....I'd recommend that one instead. Saying that though, the SK3s crap eyes are a bit better IMO than the 6nBaits crap eyes, lol.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

WSF Hardcore Poster

Interests
    Fishing and Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Dave's comment. I really like my 6 'n' bait I use it most places but mostly for really rough stuff like hussing, used it a few times in the brizzol channel and it does exactly what it says on the tin. obviously there's going to be amazing other rods about but its all down to your opinion.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Rod
    Tip Tornado LD
    Favourite Reel
    7HT
    Best Catch
    Bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Interests
    fishing, darts, cider, kebabs and boobies
    Favourite Rod
    primo full tournament's, hsm's
    Favourite Reel
    avet sxmc's, 7ht mag's
    Best Catch
    17lb 11oz shore conger
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    rnli lifeboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Looking a for a new rod to fish the bristol channel. At the moment I use a tip tornado sport and an ancient zziplex. But the zziplex has seen better days and has started to crack around the joint so i need to replace it.

Been looking and the Anyfish Anywhere 6 and bait and seems a nice rod for the money. Has anyone used this rod?

Iv read that the eyes are pretty rubbish and will probebly need replacing. Apart from that whats it like?

I'll be using it on mixed to rough ground off the rocks I usualy get snagged and have to cope with massive amounts of weed and very strong tides on the south wales coast.

Also does anyone else recommend any other rods?
    Why not get another tt sport? nice to have a pair of rods and much easier to spot bites with identical rods sat next to eachother.
    I sold my soniks and they still aint snapped
    Species 2012---> Whiting
    Trips----> 2
    Blanks---> 0

Sent from the crapper using crappertalk

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Rod
    Tip Tornado LD
    Favourite Reel
    7HT
    Best Catch
    Bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    No reason mate I just fancy a change.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use them very often you`ll end up with spigot wear problems in my experience.

WSF Hardcore Poster darrengodzilla's Avatar

Interests
    Heavy Metal, Guitars & Bearded Dragons
    Favourite Rod
    AFAW
    Favourite Reel
    Penn Mag, Slosh x
    Best Catch
    3 double figure hounds in 3 casts!! Biggest 14lb.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

6 & Bait

Cracking rods for the money mate. I've got a pair of the 14 footers, Casts 6oz plus a whole squid no prob. I probably fish some of the same marks you intend it for, from Sker up to Cardiff. Handles the rough stuff great (stout, newton etc). The action of them reminds me of a conoflex nemesis, but with a a stiffer tip.
    A mate of mine has the 13 footer, (bought mine after trying his), excellent again. Which model you go for I think depends on your preferd reel position. 14' best with a low reel, 13 will do either, 12 up.

My only gripe is that you can't use a reducer because the butt isn't designed for one. The fuji eyes are ok in my opinion, no eyes are indestructable.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge Moullet View Post
    If you use them very often you`ll end up with spigot wear problems in my experience.
    As can be said of ANY rod
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong