WSF SITES | WSF WEB ZINE | WSF FORUMS | WSF GEAR SHOP | WSF ARCHIVES

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

SEARCH WSF

SHARE THIS THREAD:
    WSF Regular Poster

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing between Sheppey and Whitstable

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Hi, I am new to boat fishing and have managed to blag my way onto a friends boat (who's not a fisherman) and am looking for any help or suggestions on where I should go to get some decent catches. We are launching from Conyer on Monday 29th October and returning the next day. We are heading towards Sheppey or to Whitstable. Also has anyone fished this area recently and what have they caught? Thanks.

monktonlad
    Hi there and welcome to the forum..

We were out in our inflatable dinghy last weekend somewhere between Minnis Bay and Reculver. We were not very far out and we had 64 whiting, 4 dogfish and one small codling. The report is on here somewhere.. Just click the link for it.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ad.php?t=86842

As for nearer Whitstsble I would guess it's about the same as we had. If you do a search either in the boat forum or the southeast you might find more information.

Malcolm.

WSF Regular Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there & welcome, iI fish that area most of the time, good question where to go! depends on the size of the boat & wind direction N. Easter it gets a bit lumpy but if its OK try & get out to the red sand towers just on the edge of the shipping lane or behind the wind farm with good reports lots of whiting, a few doggies &dabs just starting to show. inshore towards whitstable it is really to shallow.But if you come back up the Swale`half a mile off Shellness deeper water a good place for bass. But if it is to windy just down from Conyer is a deep water area known as the Grounds which is always safe fishing.Good luck Rob

Interests
    Gutting Fish
    Best Catch
    25o lb blue marlin 64lb conger 22lb hound 15lb 6oz 8drms bass
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Cygnus Cyfish 420hp.
    Post Thanks / Like
    off Warden point, just inside the Spile buoy (green one), fish on the contour line for codling, whiting, dogs etc.

www.kentcharterfishing.com

WSF Regular Poster

Post Thanks / Like

Catch Report 29/30th October

Thanks for everyones advice on the above thread. Just thought I would fill you in on the trip. Set off from Conyer and headed to the Isle of Grain, we figured if it blew up (as was forecast) we would be better off sheltered there. Fished up to high tide and had good catch of whiting, pout, few doggies, 3 codling (up to 2lb), dab and even a lobster! My friend caught a lovely 9lb bass on mackeral - this proved to be the best catch of the trip. The following morning again produced more whiting and one small bass. Looking forward to getting back out again, may try towards wind farm next trip.

Interests
    Computers and fishing of course.
    Favourite Rod
    Suveran SX
    Favourite Reel
    Abu Cardinal.
    Best Catch
    Thornback Ray 8lb 4oz/10lb 10oz Cod/ 12 1/2lb Bullhuss all from Sea Mistress
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Sounds like a good trip!!
    Herne Bay - The thinking Angler's Mark.

"A lie will travel half way round the world before the truth has had a chance to put its pants on" - Winston Churchill.