WSF SITES | WSF WEB ZINE | WSF FORUMS | WSF GEAR SHOP | WSF ARCHIVES

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

SEARCH WSF

SHARE THIS THREAD:

Post Thanks / Like

Folkestone Pier times.

To remove this advert please register for a free account

I have heard that Folkestone Pier fishes better in the dark , but I can't find any detail of opening and closing times.

I know I could drive down there tomorrow and look for a sign, but does anyone know what the opening hours are ?

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranfield View Post
    I have heard that Folkestone Pier fishes better in the dark , but I can't find any detail of opening and closing times.

I know I could drive down there tomorrow and look for a sign, but does anyone know what the opening hours are ?
    phone phil tanner harbour tackle 01303 220763

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that.

WSF Regular Poster

Post Thanks / Like
    When I went down the other night it wasn't manned and there was no gate so I presume it doesn't close. Its a nice quiet pitch if a bit spooky as you go through a deserted station to get there. Bring a drop net as the waters a long way down.

bigfish
    Quote Originally Posted by accordionjim View Post
    When I went down the other night it wasn't manned and there was no gate so I presume it doesn't close. Its a nice quiet pitch if a bit spooky as you go through a deserted station to get there. Bring a drop net as the waters a long way down.
    Did you catch anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    I telephoned the Shop and was told that you have to get a permit from them and they open between 8 and 9am.
    However, you can get a predated ticket if you want an earlier start.
    The pier doesn't seem to have any opening ,or closing times.

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Rod
    Shimano ultegra uptide
    Favourite Reel
    Penn 535
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fished there a couple of years ago when I was working on the tunnel,and never saw anyone to pay the money, this was of a week night evening, not sure if it is still the same.
    The old station is spooky, but whats more it stinks of urine for some strange reason

Interests
    Fishing,
    Best Catch
    18lb 2oz cod, 17lb 1oz smut, 13lb 12oz Thornback
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Titanic!
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Quote Originally Posted by Cranfield View Post

Officially the pier times are 8.30AM til 8.00PM, and only open all night on Saturdays.
    However, as the gate is broken, the pier is not locked at night so you can gain access 7 days/nights a week. The security guy in the Kiosk who charges for parking (£2.00) should stop people during the week but doesn't usually bother.
    Pier tickets cost £4.00 and should be bought in Advance from Harbour tackle shop & The Folkestone angler. If you cannot get there during shop opening hours, you can pay the pier marshall on demand.
    There have been incidents in the past where people have refused to pay, been threatening and abusive to the marshalls. If this happens, the pier will be locked off again and we will all lose these extra evenings.
    Anyone being abusive etc also runs a high risk of being locked on..

As for fishing after dark, it can be very productive. It can also be good in daylight, particularly this time of year when its full of dabs.
    Its not really known for huge fish but the entire length can fish well for lots of different species, with the occasional good one thrown in. (Particularly Bass in the summer/Autumn).