WSF SITES | WSF WEB ZINE | WSF FORUMS | WSF GEAR SHOP | WSF ARCHIVES

QUICK LINKS - Forum Home | Photo Albums | Social Groups | Friends | Members

SEARCH WSF

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

SHARE THIS THREAD:

Interests
    COD fishing, shooting, Test cricket,Llandrovers, Iron Maiden & Beer.
    Favourite Rod
    any zziplex I can bend
    Favourite Reel
    abu 65's and 75's, (the ones made in sweeden). Avets
    Best Catch
    Beach:12Lb 8oz COD Boat: 21Lb Cod. River: 98Lbs of bream in 6Hrs. Abroad:80Lb Sail fish.
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Favourite Boat
    Fair Chance - Dungeness.
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Right, I think this one has gone far enough off topic and turned into a bit of a slanging match has it not? Ladies and gentleman?

Yes, OP, you are right, the range can look confusing and daunting.
    It would be nice if Zziplex had a 'manual' telling you exactly what the subtle differences were.

It would be nice if other manufactures would do the same!
    Then the rain came down in sheets of grey and washed all of my dreams away

WSF Hardcore Poster

Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirleycodlin View Post
    Right, I think this one has gone far enough off topic and turned into a bit of a slanging match has it not? Ladies and gentleman?

It would be nice if Zziplex had a 'manual' telling you exactly what the subtle differences were.

I agree 100%. It is high time that TC let the world know what the many variations are in his own words. There is a Zziplex website (hosted from germany?) but it has very little info on it. Someone (ideally TC)could write a book and I'm sure it woud sell well.

I'm not entering into the debate over who likes what/which is best as it's entirely a personal opinion. I'm happy with the various rods I have from Century, Conoflex, Harrison and Zziplex, but it's taken considerable time and a lot of money to narrow it down to what I like/suits me.

I'm pleased to see that Gerry's now offer a 'try before you buy' with Century rods and I hope this will encourage other top brands to follow suit. As an answer to increasing PR and Marketing costs, I think both companies have stolen a real march on the competition.

Interests
    fishing, landscape photography
    Favourite Rod
    shimano aspire 13m
    Favourite Reel
    525 mag
    Best Catch
    bass about 6lbs
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirleycodlin View Post

Right, I think this one has gone far enough off topic and turned into a bit of a slanging match has it not? No, just folk having a bit of fun. Think we can make our own minds up. Don't need a teacher.
    The next salt water fish i catch,will be the 33th.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidarthur/

Favourite Rod
    Profile Evo - beach, Primo Synchro - rocks, Daiwa uptider - boat
    Favourite Reel
    Avet SX - Boat, Trinidad 14 - Rough Ground, Daiwa Mag ST - Beach
    Best Catch
    23lb Pollack and 10.75lb Bass on the sametrip on Jennifer Ann of Dart
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVID 123 View Post
    Don't need a teacher.
    Couldn't agree more......

As the OP I'm grateful for (some) of the input but much of the tooing and froing about whether Zippies are any good completely miss the point. As do the 'I'll spend my money on what I want' brigade and the few that feel I shouldn't ask such an impertinent question about Zzippies and just 'do one'. Oh and then there was one post which I felt implied I must be thick if I don't know what they all mean and how they differ.

I've missed some of the fun as I've been (whisper it) fishing and I caught fish and it wasn't using any of my stable of Zziplexes

I do like the acceptance by some that a DEFINITIVE guide to the various versons of the various models would be very helpful. And if Mr Carroll wrote such a book, I for one would buy it to go with my other classic reference books on sea angling.

Favourite Rod
    Profile Evo - beach, Primo Synchro - rocks, Daiwa uptider - boat
    Favourite Reel
    Avet SX - Boat, Trinidad 14 - Rough Ground, Daiwa Mag ST - Beach
    Best Catch
    23lb Pollack and 10.75lb Bass on the sametrip on Jennifer Ann of Dart
    Favourite Fishing
    Shore
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove this advert please register for a free account

Quote Originally Posted by FROGGY1 View Post
    Any manufacturer will give a choice of range to the customer. Thats why say for example Ford have many versions of the Mondeo. Everyone has their own personal choice. I have over 40 years used rods including, Sealey, Conoflex, Century, Shakespere, Fox, Hardy, ABU, Daiwa etc. Many of which I still have in my loft. The very best rods that I own & use are Zipplex rods, end of story. Every rod I have ever owned will cast and catch fish. Its just that Zipplex rods to my mind feel much more user friendly.
    But with the Mondeo, Ford produce a brochure and this contains a specification list, technical details, performance data etc etc so................................................ ....................

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678