1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Abu 6500 ct3 Mag

Discussion in 'Casting' started by the_cod_father, Dec 20, 2016.

1. the_cod_father

the_cod_father Member

Hello,
    Well I keep getting asked what I want or need for xmas and keep telling people I don't want or need anything which they don't seem to accept! lol anyway I have two perfectly good working 7hts which I love. But I've never owned an Abu so I thought about maybe asking for one of these to have a play with. As lets face it you can never have too many reels! What's this I've read about brake blocks and mags together? I bought a 7ht mag when it first came out and it was a lovely real to use when it did work. But I had quite a few problems with it which is why I prefer the originals. So I'd just like to know how the Abu 6500 ct3 mag compares to the 7ht and 7ht mag?
    Thanks
    Elliot.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. gonefishin

gonefishin Member

My Mag Elite (the green one) is a big baby by comparison with my 7HT mag. I therefor feel more confidant, hit it harder and cast further. Its all in the head.

4. si-fly

si-fly Member

I picked up a pair of the green ones brand new a couple of months back, they are really easy to control with just the mag, def much safer feeling than my old 525's!
    I'm not sure of the quality of the new ones though?...you might be better off with akios...same reel really.
    Si

5. fisherjohn2010

fisherjohn2010 Member

The original 7hts were/are lovely reels, and I'd be surprised if you find any improvement from changing. I've had a fair few reels before I switched to the dark side (f/s), and I still have very fond memories of the way the 7ht used to sing, when I really hit it, and how docile and trouble-free it was. So far as ease of use is concerned, and quality of build, I think changing to current model Abus, a/won't give you any more distance, and b/ they will not be nearly as well built, nor as pleasant to use. Happy Christmas, and hope you enjoy whatever Father Christmas brings you.

6. dangerpowers

dangerpowers Member

I have tried all sorts of multipliers and feel most confident when hitting hard on a C3 CT (old one)

7. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor