1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Afaw big beach fixed spool build

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by nickid, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nickid

nickid Member

I and doing my first build with one of my afaw big beach. I am building it for fixed spool, and will build it like the 6&bait I have already.
    My question is, does anyone know the size of the first eye? My 6&bait only say Fuji, and no number for some reason.
    Plus I haven't made my final decision on make of eyes.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    PS. I am a skint veteran, so the cheapest may have to do. Lol

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. gert

gert Member

Hi,

The size of intermediates is very easy to find by measuring the outside of the ring. Your measurement can vary a bit, but the size is always a (nearest) round number : 50-40-30-25-20-16-12-10-8-6 ... For the tip ring, do the same for the diameter, but you have to know the size of the bore aswell: easiest is by measuring the rod tip with a caliper just behind the whipping. That will give you the diameter×bore measurement ....you should get something like 12×3,6 or 12×4 , maybee 16×3,6 or 16×4 for fixed spool.
    If you don't trust it, go to the nearest tackle shop, they should be able to measure it for you.
    For brand, you can't go wrong with Fuji (alconites) or ALPS guides.
    Good luck with the build;)

Gert

4. john86

john86 Member

Why don't you just stick a fixed spool on it I used rods rung for multipler with fs reels for years with no issues.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. nickid

nickid Member

Thanks for the info. I have a 6&bait to measure it against. Just needed the first eye size

6. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor