Anyfish Anywhere 6 & Bait Multi

Discussion in 'Tackle & Equipment Discussions' started by Ad Fish, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Ad Fish

Ad Fish Member

Hey,
    Has anyone experianced this or the 4oz model, can get one for 100 notes? To be used for general beach and rock work and to devlop casting beyond the overhead thumper. any thoughts appreciated, ta!:bb:

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. OHTer

OHTer Smut Hunter

Generally good rods.Good for up to 8Oz pendulum, fantastic blank, let down by shoddy rings :(
  3. Browny81

Browny81 C.T.A.C

^^^^^^ As above, the rings situation - one fall of the rod and the eyes will need replacing from what i've heard from peeps.

Welcome to the forum by the way!!!!!:thumbs:
  4. philtherod

philtherod Member

Bad workmen always blame their tools...nothing wrong with BSVLG fujis, I make sure my rods can't fall over, and have been using these since 1985 (my GSIs have them). If you stabilise the rod rest, your rods shouldn't fall over onto the rocks.

ptr
  5. Ian Houlton

Ian Houlton Member

I sold one of these 2 weeks ago to a guy who had some coaching off me. when it turned up I took it out the bag for a look and actually wanted one.
    The guy picked it up and 10 days later leaves a message on my phone saying he really could not get on with it at all and could not cast it any further than his Composite Daiwa rod. I thoughi that was a touch odd really so called to arrainge to meet him locally and have a look at helping him use it. I was actually intending to call Colin Olver because I am no expert caster.
    I did call AFAW that day and spoke to Julian, Very helpfull bloke I will say that!
    Reasured I met up with the customer in Yeovil and he proceded to take out his rod (at this point I will remind you I have recently had eye surgery)
    While he was taking the rod out, I noticed what a bloody huge tip eye it had and wondered why I had not noticed it before.
    reel goes on, and I put a 5.25oz lead on. I Get him doing basic off the ground stuff with the lead in differing start points and the guy is loving it, really pleased he was.
    I then ask him for a crack and that is very nearly what I got! the rod felt so springy I really thought it would break if I hoofed it.
    ten minutes later I am needing to go home and this bloke turns and says
    "all very good Ian but I prefer to use a 3 or 4oz lead"
    so I take the lead, hold it up and say "5.25 oz lead Colin and you did great"
    I then run my finger down the length of the rod, point to the graphics and ask "what does that say?" hoping he would read the part that read 6 and bait.
    He said "er it says Daiwa"
    PLANK! When he took the rod home the first night, he took it out to compaire with his old Daiwa rod, then put the bloody things in the wrong bags! he had 2 sessions on Chesil without realising his new rod was at home with his Daiwa in the AWAF bag.
    After some quite elaborate micky taking from me, the bloke agreed to bring his 6 and bait the night after. he was well pleased with it, I really fancy one and the rod cast pretty well, certainly good enough ro get him where he needs to be at his venues.
    I can't see anything at all wrong with them and after my next MTI bass for my birthday I will be having one of the 4 and baits for Coaching.
    So I say get one, you will love it for a 100 quid.
    sorry about the long story but I had to tell someone.
    I will also point out that I am not disrespecting Daiwa rods at all, the rod I can cast furthest with is Daiwa and I will never repace it until it gives up the ghost.
  6. Ian Houlton

Ian Houlton Member

and thanks to Phil for re woking my Penn Rod also.
  7. bassb8

bassb8 Member

I thought the 4&bait had a nice action but a little on the heavy side compared to other 4oz rods on the market, had a wiggle in the shop and put back on the rack. 6&bait nice blank but not my cup of tea, should be a good caster though and build quality is nice. Don't see why they couldn't use BNHGs though - never had one smash yet, despite a few accidents.

Also tried the lure & bait... reminds me of a £20 carp rod, floppy as hell. :nonono:
  8. Browny81

Browny81 C.T.A.C

When i had a 'quick' look at a 6'n'bait in my local tackle shop, the eyes didn't have a fuji stamp on them (I looked when in bad lighting, the eyes looked brittle tho) - as your a rod builder and dealt with all kinds of eyes, don't fuji have their brand name stamped on their wide range of eyes??? I thought if the eyes didn't have fuji stamped on it, it wasn't a fuji or is that to tell if the BNHG's were fakes??? (can tell i ain't a rod builder lol)

Don't know why you can assume a rod that can be damaged is only by a rod falling out of it's rod rest (you must of heard other stories than that old chesnut lol, as you've probably repaired a hell of a lot of rods for peeps over the years). There are many more other accidents that can happen to a rod, but your bound to know that!!!

Personally, i've never had any kind of repair job due to eye damage to any of my rods over the years (BNHG's), tho I did hear of a member on here who had two of them 6'n'baits fall over in one fall from a rod rest (cough cough lol) with 8 eyes popping - now that must of been some fall to do that much damage or maybe the eyes need to be wrapped up in cotton wool (as a figure of speach). Really tho, some peeps out there ain't so careful, and if a rod is laced with eyes that's prone to damage, then it can't really be overly recommended to other peeps where they have an increased chance of a eye repair job in the future, leaving them to spend more readies...;);)
  9. Ad Fish

Ad Fish Member

cheers people,
    ive got an x tremely sturdy daiwa tripod so may have to risk the rings for a quality blank! LOL at your story ian thats a fairly dumb thing to do though i daresay ive probly done worse myself!
    tanks
  10. bassb8

bassb8 Member

The guy in the shop was trying to tell me that they were Zziplex blanks... For £130????????????? Surely not :huh:
  11. Browny81

Browny81 C.T.A.C

I can't see that, or Mr Terry Carrol is earning a huge profit with each zippy sold!!!

Heard the blanks on the 6'n'bait's are very good tho!!!
  12. OHTer

OHTer Smut Hunter

Youre right Browny, I had the Six & Bait 13M for about 6 months, before I passed it on, they are quality rods, but again, I stand by my first comment, the eyes are not good. And I too remember looking for the Fugi stamp......and not seeing it. First ever cast with my brand new rod, the tip ring lining flew out, replaced another 4 intermediates over the next 3 months or so. I'm sorry Phil, but I dont rate them at all (the rings), and ultimately, it's the main reason I got rid of mine. I would not hesitate for a second to buy another......if it had BNHGs, which I have yet to have a single one of break on me :rtfm:
  13. ooeric

ooeric Member

i had a 13m, had one ring pop with the shock knot.

had the tip snap off too. maybe it was a fluke cause i dont see any other 6nBs breaking. =[

good rod in general though, great price.

if they sold them in blanks,, id be all over one or two of them.
    wrap them straight BNHG with a BMNAT tip (or the SiC version of this tip, forget model#).
  14. pasty steve

pasty steve Crinkly line

I remember when julian came into my local shop a few months ago to show them the 6nbaits and his new spinning rods.

I asked what eyes it had and he just said there quality eyes-but not fuji's!
  15. mrfishjersey

mrfishjersey WSF Hardcore Plugger

The six&baits are probably my best selling heavy beach rod, everyone that has bought one loves it and usually comes back for another. The eyes are the only down fall but the price is very good for a blank of this quality. The casting club over here in Jersey like to "test" most of my rods for me, and they dont mince their words, and the guys all said it was awesome, very easy to cast and when you completly foof up a cast they recon the rod corrects itself better than anyother rod they have tried.
  16. OHTer

OHTer Smut Hunter

I Hope Julian (old school buddy) reads this, it's such a shame that such a fantastic blank gets let down by the eyes.
    However, I'm also glad to see/read that I'm not the only one with opinions on the eyes.
    Sort it out Mr Shambrook, and you may turn a very good rod into a truely great rod :thumbs:
  17. g-force

g-force Member

Do the rings on the 6 & Bait series etc differ from those on the AFAW Big Beach & Surf rods? I have both of these and think the rings are the same as those on my Greys Platinums / Triplex (Alconites?).

I've never had a problem with any of these, some of which have received a good clattering when nearly being pulled over railings by weed in a strong tide as well as more than a few tumbles onto rocks etc!

Funnily enough the Fuji rings I don't like are the ones a lot of people seem to like (BNHGs I think - not too sure of all the names) - the fat ones with a white insert. I've a couple of old rods in the garage with these rings where the middles have fallen out and they do seem to cause a lot of drag when casting & retrieving - especially in hot weather when reeling in a lot of dry line they positively groan!

Have to say that I really like both AFAW rods especially the Surf for lighter use, but don't know if these differ greatly from the "6&.." range (other than price!).:thumbs:
  18. Browny81

Browny81 C.T.A.C

Yes, the eyes on the 6'n'baits are a totally different kettle of fish to the first batch of AFAW's range!!!

BNHG's have a green lining mate and are the strongest of the fuji range. The BNHG's maybe a bit heavier than the alconites and maybe cause a little more (and i mean LITTLE lol) friction - but you won't tell the difference at all when launching baits seawards.
    Century rods do very well on the casting circuit, and most of their rods are laced with fuji BNHG's!!!
  19. g-force

g-force Member

Cheers mate - was beginning to think I would have to treat the AFAW's a bit more carefully having read so much about the ring problems on the "..& Bait" range! About half my rods are rung with the BNHG's (Centuries & Zzippies) and the others with Alconites - have to say I prefer the Alconites, especially on lighter, slimmer blanks where the BNHGs look a bit clunky. Also like I said, in the past it's the BNHGs which have broken on me, but on the current crop of rods so far no problems!:thumbs:
  20. Browny81

Browny81 C.T.A.C

No probs - At least it's put you mind at rest a tad about the AFAW rods you already have;)

BNHG's ain't indestructible, but can take an awful lot of punishment!!!