April 1st Mods and Rockers meet

Discussion in 'South Coast Catch Reports & Advice' started by Portslade Pollack, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Portslade Pollack

Portslade Pollack Now in Littlehampton

Firstly does anyone fancy doing any final organization of this? I'm away all next week and probably won't have time to be on a computer and probably have no access to one anyway. I'm still game for the original venue and times but the biggest issues are probably:

The Carpark and the fact it closes at 8pm which is bang on HW/dusk and at the original finish time.
    Good weather is forecast all next week so the beach could be busy, I still think the area I suggested will be ok as it doesn't get the crowds but there can still be some people/kids/dogs on the beach especially if we start at 4pm.
    Fishing any later will run into the Carpark problems although there's a chance that if left late enough the free parking in the lane will become available (but no guarantees).

Personally I'm cycling as I think a few might be because it resolves all parking issues and Bill and Sheila I'd assume will blue badge it but the free parking outside of the carpark for them is limited and might be full mid afternoon.

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. Bognor Bill

Bognor Bill Member

Hi all I also am away in South Wales next week Mon----Fri. I think it is maybe to late to change times/venue. But If this is required then it must be done before this Sunday. We have been down to Climping and found the area ok .Also If people are on the beach I think they will thin out by 4 pm,but I dont know the area. I will have no acess to the forum from 8am Monday morning,untill approx 6pm fri. If anybody needs to call me on my mobil Fishbotherer has my number. The biggest problem I forsee is that the ROCKERS have to fish 5 maybe 6 hrs with no greasy hotdog,or burger bar . Hope all is well otherwise Regards Bill
  3. FishBotherer

FishBotherer Member

It looks like you can park down the end of rope walk (road that runs down the left side of the aruns mouth if your lfacing north), so if parking is a problem, prehaps some of the more mobile people coming can park there?
  4. Rob Amick

Rob Amick Member

I'm still up for it but at the same time it wouldn't bother me too much if its put back a bit, I can see parking being an issue, is that lane that runs behind the venue deffo a no go for parking?
  5. ratcatcher

ratcatcher Member

surely, if its mods and rockers, parking bikes is never a problem
  6. TWO RIG STIG

TWO RIG STIG Member

wots wrong with parking in the dirt track that runs up to the beach from climping school? i know it may be busy but if you park sensibly it shouldnt be to much of a problem and you wont have to worry about the carpark!..... me myself i'll be riding over on my silver machine......paddy
  7. Radio Rental

Radio Rental Member

just a thought and probably not possible but would saturday be any better or find another place to park the cars and i`ll run a ferry service then catch up,but if you start without me i`ll stamp my feet and go back home!!!! regards......Alan
  8. SALTYD40

SALTYD40 WSF Hardcore Angler

IMO Clymping still ok as the venue... bound to be people out and about wherever we go with the nice forecast and at least we can all get there easy enough and spread about a bit if the odd beach has bathers etc... I will prob be on a bike down from the station with fishergateman but maybe some of you guys could car share to reduce the parking spaces needed, just a thought?
  9. Portslade Pollack

Right this might upset the applecart a bit! Simon and me fished the venue today and there are fish about (and very few people), Simon had a couple of Flounders, biggest 32.5cm and a surprise Corkwing Wrasse! Simon also missed 2 bites and all the action came on the ebb.
    I had a couple of nibbles but blanked and snagged up a bit, discovered after fishing the ebb right down that a large area of stone had uncovered that wasn't there when I've fished it before (probably explains the Wrasse as well) and my tactics of chucking out Plaice baits were totally wrong for the bit of beach I chose which was probably the roughest bit on the whole stretch.

Totally different tide next wk with HW at dusk rather than the middle of a sunny day should in my book produce more fish but given our bites on the ebb only and previous sessions with the ebb fishing better I'm thinking a later start and finish is in order but still keeping it to Sunday (I can't really do Sat), parking shouldn't be an issue at a later time.

How about meet 5.15-5.30pm at the end of the dirt track, Fish 6-10pm i.e. 2up,2down over the 8pm HW, if this is a problem for anyone traveling it could be shifted half an hour forward to finish at 9.30pm.

I'm going to have to leave any further organizing to someone else, I'll check this thread later tonight but won't be able to see it until Fri night so I'll leave you to organize yourselves and accept any decision you come to.
  10. SALTYD40

Not too sure about the later times as by the time we've packed up etc and get back to the station then home it could be the time my glass slippers turn to s**t... It makes no odds though if everyone wants to do the later (which makes more sence after your efforts) then I will see how things pan out before deciding if I can make it

If others want to stick to the original plan maybe could do the 'points' between the original times till 8ish but those who want can just stay and fish later?... Just an idea:victory:
  11. kelp-king

kelp-king Member

later is prob better for actual fish to be honest....But...........I can see a few pulling out due to travel / work next day / my Mrs getting the hump cause she's doing taxi duties for me and stuff like that and as it is a social rather than a proper comp plus I've arranged some fella to bury a bag of flounder in the shingle for me and I don't want a dog running off with them before I turn up. :busted_co maybe the original time is better and then if we decide that we don't think each other is a bunch of gits then maybe we can arrange a second event when there are more fish around?

either way im sure i'll be there

Jim
  12. SALTYD40

I've already decided you lot are a bunch of gits I'm just coming to...well, I dont realy know why but I'm coming anyway!:crazy:
  13. kelp-king

kelp-king Member

I can only guess your coming to immerse yourself in the culture, wit and charm of the locals. :love:
  14. Bognor Bill

Bognor Bill Member

HI guys I am away mon moorning till fri pm,with no broadband available. I will check forum if I can. I personally prefere the original plans, 3---8pm or was it 4---8pm. But if new plans are agreed ok. I will check this site whenever I can next week. f anybody needs transport to venue please let me know and arrangement can be made got room for 1 person only as Sheila,s elec scooter will be on board. Regards Bill
  15. FishBotherer

FishBotherer Member

it's probably best to stick to the original plan. it'll also give us all a chance to see what the terrain is like and adjust our tactics to suit.
  16. Portslade Pollack

In the absence of anyone showing any signs of making a decision (Dean came close but added probably) but with a few showing signs of favouring the original plan I'm going for sticking to the original plan:

Meet: 3.15-3.30pm at the bottom of the dirt track leading down from the school where I suggest people park.

Fish: 4-8pm

Boundaries: Depending on other beach users (there shouldn't be many) from the end of Climping street (main car park) eastwards to the last short groyne before the golf course/dunes. Effectively a rover and you can move if you want as long as we give each other reasonable space, you can also fish as a pair if that's what you want.

Rules:
    2 Rods, max 3 hooks to be used in total (if someone wants to use lures each treble hook will count as one hook).
    Any bait.
    No size limits for total fish count.
    All species count.
    1lb minimum size for biggest fish to be weighed and witnessed/photoed.

Extras: Bring a pen and paper to record your own fish, Scales if you have them. Photo's of any fish caught would be good for posting on here afterwards. 50% payout to most fish, 50% payout to the biggest fish. In the event of no one catching a fish over 1lb then the biggest fish prize will go to the person with the highest number of different species, in the event of any arguing all monies go to the RNLI and a receipt will be got.
    The forecast is for very calm and sunny but chillier than of late which should keep other beach users down but beware of dog walkers especially if you have any ideas about double patting. It'd be good to see a bit of experimenting going on since a second rod is allowed, last weeks Cuckoo Wrasse showed this bit of beach is capable of a few surprises.
  17. BOBBYDAZZLA

BOBBYDAZZLA Member

Gents,
    I am aiming to pop down and say hi to you all at same stage.Good Luck to all.

Rob
  18. TWO RIG STIG

TWO RIG STIG Member

looking forward to it, we will rock you!!!!!!! come on all you metalheads lets show em!!!......paddy
  19. Rob Amick

Rob Amick Member

:punk::punk::punk:
  20. kelp-king

kelp-king Member

All sounds OK to me, see ya'll there.