1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A NOTE FOR ALL MEMBERS

You will need to update your bookmarks to be able to visit some sections of the new WSF Forums. If you have bookmarks stored these need to be updated.

We recommend you go to the WSF Forums Home Page by clicking the link below, remove your bookmarks and then re-add them in.

WSF Forums: WSF Forums

Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura - Almost another BIG Amberjack from the shore.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Aram, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Offline
    Aram

Aram Member

[video=youtube;nCNlP96D6no]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCNlP96D6no&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A little more detail about it underneath the video, in YouTube. Enjoy.
  2. Offline
    Norm B

Norm B Member

:sun: Shame, he did everything right. Aram, do you work for the Tourist Board?:sun:
  3. Offline
    Aram

Aram Member

Some say I don't work at all :crazy:

Glad you enjoyed the vid Norm. Let's see if we can get you hooked up with summit that pulls your string too, as & when you come out.
  4. Offline
    STAN M

STAN M Member

A bit of a bummer there Aram, as Norm says, the guy played the fish by the book.

Given the flight path of that plane that went over (height) and the wee headland methinks I know where you were :laugh:
  5. Offline
    Norm B

Norm B Member

:laugh: It's not a job, it's a labour of love. I used to do the same, now I'm retired. I'll be there when you tell me the fish are there and There's a deal on a decent bed, us singles don't like paying for the privilege of being alone. Mrs B might come if it fits in with her holidays and there's a pool and bar. :laugh:
  6. Offline
    jeroen

jeroen Member

I think I'll bring some very heavy spinningtackle as well ,should be 2nd half of may.what a shame he lost that fish.Could it have been something else,maybe big leerfish or very big bluefish?
  7. Offline
    TomBettle

TomBettle Guest

Oh Crap!!!! That moment, that split second when your heart sinks and you get that big lump in your throat as the fish that you will be one of a lifetime doesn't even quite make it to the surface. Gutted for the angler.

Hope you are well Aram. So wish to get out again soon... Another sproglit on the way though so I am really screwed now!

Will catch up again one day mate.

Tom
  8. Offline
    Norm B

Norm B Member

:fishing: When I saw your post Tom I thought you were going to say you'd come with me, alas not to be, perhaps in 15 years or so. You're going to have to sell even more boats now there's another little mouth to feed. Been there, done it, so I know how it feels, trouble is, even after they've left home, the expense doesn't stop. I just want to spend some of my hard earned before Mrs B gives it away, "because we don't need it now"!:giveup:
  9. Offline
    TomBettle

TomBettle Guest

You could always bring me a long as your anchor monkey Norm. I'll even put up with your stained Y fronts, your snoring and farting, your rants AND I'll show you how to catch those Barracuda and Bonito again... Two lessons should just about have you catching one of your own! LOL!
  10. Offline
    Norm B

Norm B Member

:clap3: Can't remember you catching a bonito, perhaps my memory is going too. :clap3:

:clap3: Just had a flash back about the bonito, do you mean the one you foul hooked in the back? Memory is definitely going, got a job remembering how to tie braid to mono now :clap3:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  11. Offline
    Aram

Aram Member

Thanks inspector. Are you coming back out before the decade's over?

See you then jeroen. Let's hope the weather's kind enough for you. Email me closer to the time.

Good to hear from you Tom. Been a while. Congratulations on your good news but maybe you need to shoot yourself in a strategic place after this, instead of them poor fluffy bunnies?

Catch you soon mate.

Another WSF report is due shortly, hopefully a bit later today (if these so called friends don't come into the shop & drag me away fishing, kicking & screaming)
  12. Offline
    STAN M

STAN M Member

13. Offline
    Scanman 2012

Scanman 2012 Member

Where abouts in fuerteventura do you fish ? like what place on the shoreline ?
  14. Offline
    jeroen

jeroen Member

I will Aram,and I'll check windguru for the best not so windy days.
  15. Offline
    AlderneyBassman

AlderneyBassman Member

Anyone know what rod he was using?
    I really like the look of the action of it, and if it's a travel rod even better.
    I'm looking at a multi section Sportex one if anyone has any comments.

Cheers
  16. Offline
    Vas

Vas Team Rig Maker

Ongelukkig Aram, hopelik volgende keer sal die lyn nie breek nie
  17. Offline
    Brightoncaster

Brightoncaster Member

Really enjoyed watching the video. Looks great sport and what a fight from that fish :fishing1: