1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

First try at this shape

Discussion in 'Lure DIY: Home Made Lures & Lure Fishing Tackle' started by swansea Jack, Aug 3, 2016.

1. swansea Jack

swansea Jack Member

Hi Gents,
    I started this one with the basic shape of a vulture but added a few bits to add weight , I didn't want it to be to tail heavy like the vulture but laying flatter so the walk the dog would be a breeze. I put 3.5 grams in the tail end and 2.5 grams a head of the front hook. It worked a treat with the tail just under water at about 30 degrees to the horizontal.
    It ended 25 grams, it cast like a missile, even across a strong side wind. It walks the dog very easily, you can make it bob and with stronger pulls of the rod extend the walk pattern. The day I tried it was choppy as hell and with a side wind it held up really well. Did do a bit of surfing when it first splashed down, but once I took up the slack it stuck in there really well. I tried a new holographic sticky back, not entirely a success looks great but it was a bit thick and didn't take the curves in the lure that well. What annoys a bit is I didn't take as much time with the finish as I should have, but it was a prototype :confused:
    If you haven't guested by now I'm just a bit pleased with it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. marc portch

marc portch Member

Great to see you adding a bit here, a bit there Bri... that's what lure building is about, making them do what you want and finding the perfect balance.. it takes time with every lure but that's what makes handmade lures so special.

Nicely done mate. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. swansea Jack

swansea Jack Member

Cheers Mark chuffed with the action on this one.

5. hennie

hennie Member

nice...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor