Grauvell Teknos Surf Z 4500 - Review

Discussion in 'Tackle & Equipment Discussions' started by Barry, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Barry

Barry Member

I'm thinking of buying a long quiver tip rod and have been told that Sea Angler Magazine did a review of the Grauvell Teknos Surf Z 4500 in the April issue (issue 465) of Sea Angler magazine. Is there any fellow angler out there willing to scan and e-mail me a copy of the review?

Any comments good or bad from anyone owning one of these rods would be appreciated.

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. swansea Jack

swansea Jack Member

Hi mate
    Don't know if this is any good to you I copied it out or the Sea Angler website

Gauvell Teknos 4500 beach fishing rod
    Go Fishing rating
    Owners' rating
    Pay around £79.99

All four rods within the Grauvell Teknos range are 15ft and capable of casting 3-6oz rods a really very, very long way, making long range fishing work within reach of every angler.

Choose between the Teknos 4500S at around £80, the Teknos 4500V at around £100, the Teknos 4500X at about £150 and the Teknos Tournament 4500T at approximately £300.

Grauvell Teknos Surf 4500S
    15' 3.5 - 7oz
    The "S" is the entry level Teknos Surf but it still has a high quality look and feel. The striking blue High Modulus Carbon blank is light (19oz) and has just the right action for easy long casting. the rings are 3 leg SiC and the reel seat is a screw winch.
    Comes in cloth bag
    Best suited to fixed spool use

Grauvell Teknos Surf 4500V
    15' 3.5'' - 7oz
    The metalic red finish covers a HM Multilayer Carbon structure blank which weighs in at just 18oz. Fittings are a screw winch, 3 leg Sic rings and a removeable counterbalance weight.
    Comes in zipped PVC carry bag

Grauvell Teknos Surf 4500X
    15' 3.5 - 7oz
    This rods stunning silver metflake finish certainley catches the eye and once you have your neighbours attention the 19oz High Modulus Carbon/SIC-TI Matrix Composite blank will not let you down as you easily launch your bait into the distance.
    The X model features a delux screw winch, 3 leg Sic rings and shapped butt grip.
    Comes in zipped PVC carry bag

Grauvell Teknos Surf Tournament 4500
    15' 3.5 - 7.75oz
    Super slim Sic Whisker ultra HM carbon structure blank which has the potential to cast huge distances
    Fitted with fuji low riders and a fuji zip style reel seat.
    Supplied in cloth bag and protective carry tube
    Can be used with fixed spool or multiplier reels
  3. Barry

Barry Member

Jack

Thanks for the info but the rod I'm looking at is the 'Z' version 4500 which comes with a standard last section and a quiver tip end section into which you can insert one of 3 quiver tips of varying test curves.

According to the Grauvell site the rod is rated for 3.5 oz to 7.5oz so the rod has a wide range of uses from a long standard beachcaster down to a very sensitive match rod.

The basic 4500 looks to be a good range.
  4. Codless

Codless Member

I've got the rod review if you still want it - by all means PM your email and i'll send it to you.