Help with Holiday Destination

Discussion in 'Rest of the World' started by timsk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. timsk

timsk Member

Hi folks,
    Your help is requested - pretty please! Here's my problem . . .

My better half has been quite poorly lately; nasty op' followed by a long and slow recovery. The good news is that she's well and truly on the mend now and wants to finish off her recuperation with some warm spring sunshine. Her idea of warm is the mid twenties or higher! However, she doesn't just want to melt on a sun bed for two weeks, as she's bored of lying around in bed all day! So, she’s after some scenery and/or some historic towns/cities to visit etc. No prizes for guessing what my requirements are. I'll be fishing from the shore, as our budget doesn't extend to boat charters on a daily basis.

So, can you recommend a destination that's likely to be warm, where there's stuff to do and see - and is great for fishing? The probable time of the trip will be the end of April to early May. I suggested the Canaries, but my Mrs. fears there's not much to do or see there. Any other suggestions? Better still, has anyone got specific recommendations of places they've actually been to that might fit the bill?

Thanks,
    Tim.

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. Norm B

Norm B Member

:sun: Try Turkey. :sun:
  3. Richard S

Richard S Member

Some of the areas in mexico offer what you want . Not Cancun itself but further down the coast there is some decent beach fishing and nice hotels and all the mayan stuff , good beaches etc. Reasonably cheap all inclusives and the weather should be pretty god at that time of year.
  4. Microshack

Microshack Member

Mexico or Cuba :)
  5. jorgecaldelas

jorgecaldelas Member

if you go to playa del carmen,there is a lots of places to visit, tulum is one of them.....