1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Ian golds bigloo

Discussion in 'Tackle & Equipment Discussions' started by pulleypower, Nov 8, 2013.

1. pulleypower

pulleypower

After reading about the bigloo I thought I'd get 1, ordered it yesterday and it arrived this morning :)

So out of the box and time to open it out and have a look and compare to the igloo

Once opened you notice that the back and top bar can extend to make the shelter more stable in the wind. The bigloo has an extra leg for the said door which velcros to the other front leg this giving it a door. Good thinking Ian !

Now the write up states that you have more floor space and that 2 anglers and there kit can fit easy in it, really ????

Once the shelter was put up I noticed straight away that you cannot make the shelter as wide as the igloo by spreading the 2 front poles apart , unless im a total div.

As anyone got the bigloo and also found that it don't open as wide as the igloo ?

Yes you have more floor space if that's what you want to call it with the extra leg and material but it's not what I expected!

I expected by reading and looking at the pretty pictures regarding the bigloo that it will open up as wide as the igloo but sadly this isn't the case. :(

Yes you can stand up in it much better than the igloo, but who rely wants to stand up fishing when you can sit your arse down on your seat box watching the rods.

It just seems to me that the material had been to short.

Or am I doing something wrong ????

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mark stephen reed

mark stephen reed Member

have you still got your old one or has it already gone. could measure to check

4. pulleypower

pulleypower

Mark I've spoke to Ian and he said it should be the same dimensions as the igloo. The igloo opens up much wider than the bigloo. It's just like the front bit of material has been stitched down to much stopping the front bars from spreading wider. Will be popping down to Ians house next week so he can have a look and hopefully fix it. He has not seen 1 yet after the design.
    So maybe sunridge have cocked it up a little.

5. Jon1

Jon1 Member

I got mine this week. Ain't used it on the beach yet but got it out in the carpark at work.

Mine is also tight and won't open that wide however my igloo was the same and did give after a couple of sessions.

I'm a little sceptical on the door! Especially it just being on one side? I would have though two doors with stone flaps would have been all that was needed to improve the igloo.

Good idea on the extendable poles though!

6. TugBoatWilly

TugBoatWilly Member

That to me sums up the tackle trade. The designer and man whose name is on the product hasn't seen one, yet the paying public are buying them in their droves.

Not knocking Ian, nor the product really. It just winds me up that so many products are very quickly into their MkII version thanks to the lack of proper testing by the company that produces them.

I've got an Igloo, think it's great and to be honest can't for the life of me work why someone would want a bigger one. In fact I'm genuinely waiting for a smaller one to be produced; the PortaLoo perhaps?

7. pulleypower

pulleypower

I think you will find that when Ian makes things he then sells ? The rites to sunridge who make them in bulk. I'm not knocking Ian, his design but he's not the man who makes them. Will see what Ian says Monday. Hopefully it's an easy fix and hopefully when Ian see it he will then get in contact with sunridge and tell them to sort the mistakes out there making

8. pulleypower

pulleypower

Reason I wanted a bigger 1 was because it says more room! So more room plus a door then I can put a bed chair under it for those long weekends away. The igloo opens up really wide and becomes pretty low to the ground, I was hoping the bigloo would also do the same.

If the bigloo is the same dimensions as the igloo then surely it should open up as wide as the igloo ?

9. Yabadabadoo

Yabadabadoo Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread.. just looking at the Bigloo and red this review. Wanted the doors option and to lie down for a kip I'm 6'2" in wellies what do you reckon is the Bigloo unable to go low and wide in the end or does it stay tall cos of the door??

10. Stupidluke

Stupidluke Member

Should have bought the strongest version - the Portaloo. :D

11. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor