1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

Loch sunart, Salen

Discussion in 'Shore Angling' started by Ben189, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ben189

Ben189 Member

Hi I am new to Forum and new to sea fishing /loch fishing.
    I am staying at Salen right on Loch sunart in April and wanted some basic info on fishing the loch from the shore rear of the property I'm staying in, I.e tackle etc and whether licence is needed for it. It's my first time in Scotland and first time fishing a loch I have the basic tackle for carp fishing, pike etc but am unsure whether it's going to be enough for the species in the loch I realise I need tougher line but the practice of fishing I'm unsure about whether it needs to be spin, fly, or float etc any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. highlandshorecaster

highlandshorecaster Member

Hi mate never fished there I'm afraid. Try posting in Scottish section hopefully someone can help you out.
    Your carp/pike gear should be alright for spinning for pollack I would assume and no you shouldn't need a licence.
    Bottom fishing with baits such as mackerel, sandeel, squid should get you dogfish, rays and spurdog but I'm not sure if your current gear would be up to it.
    Have a good holiday.

4. Ben189

Ben189 Member

Many thanks will try the Scottish section

5. highlandshorecaster

highlandshorecaster Member

No bother mate.

6. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor