lure fishing from beach[bass]

Discussion in 'General Sea Angling Discussion' started by old'al, Mar 23, 2012.

1. old'al

old'al Member

hi all, going to concentrate on bass this summer but would like to use lures as oposed to baits. I realise this is likely to be difficult from Suffolk /Norfolk beaches , just wonder how many of you try it and what are best type of lures to use . Replies appreciated THANKS

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. meanstreak

meanstreak Member

If you want a realy big Bass, go for huge baits like whole squid or whole macks/bluey at night, lure fishing is very hit and miss on our coast and can be boring, with bait fishing at night it don't matter what the sea is like, but for lures it must be gin clear and calm,

3. old'al

old'al Member

:wah:i was hoping to play with some of my Christmas toys .Why do's Rex Hunt have all the fun ?.guess i'll just have to play wiv em in the barf .

4. meanstreak

meanstreak Member

Mind you don't hook your todger m8, it will certainly make your eyes water if you get a treble in it:eek:hmy:

5. old'al

old'al Member

is that your personal experience meanstreak:laugh:, this week i'll be mostly using barbless hooks .The thought of going to Pagets A&E with a 6'' whopper popper attached to my lunchbox dosnt really appeal .

6. loonytoonz

loonytoonz Member

Meanstreak is spot on with what he says but if you wanna try lures id recommend a dexter wedge,chugbug or similar popper,rapala j11 or j13,the rapala js dive so you will need a bit of depth,theres loads of lures,quite a few will catch anglers and not bass, its best to keep mobile when lure fishing.Whenever I fish a new place for the first time I always start with a wedge,they cast like a bullet and its suprising just how shallow you can fish them.Dont be afraid to crank them in fast over a shallow reef,you wont outrun a Bass

7. old'al

old'al Member

thanks LT i was thinking as beaches in main are shallow,using floating plug,or eddystones on a snood and 2 or 3 oz bullet to cast and retrieve, but with little response on here re lures it would seem its all been tried and prob failed, i thought i'd just walk the beaches giving it a thrash.Looks like more back aching nights under brolley .

8. loonytoonz

loonytoonz Member

try early morning first light with a chugbug if its really shallow but id stick to live bait pout,whole squid,mackerel head and guts under the rod tip at night if you want a specimen