World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Mackerel Catch Reports 2015

85K views 299 replies 130 participants last post by  Mr Tasty 
#1 ·
Odd fish I have heard of from the shore more in the boats

#4 ·
Heading up to Loch Etive during the wk.Does any1 know if they have reached Etive yet as fresh bait always more appetising than frozen for bait?

#8 ·
This is now a sticky thread to replace last years........

#13 ·
Few mackies caught off dunoon break (the clyde) water the past few days,still not in big numbers tho.

Reactions: gogsren
#15 ·
I was out at sea from Macduff harbour on Sunday and first drift had us into plenty mackies. Some pretty descent sizes to. We didn't chase them to long as we were after ling and cod but still had plenty for everyone to take home.

Was a half descent first trip of the year for me. I missed out on the good sized cod but my mate got a few crackers. Plenty ling on the go but mostly on the small size. 5 species all together on the boat: cod, ling, mackies, 1 dab (i think) and one wee scorpion fish.

Out again in a few weeks time :)

#16 ·
Tried Greenock on Monday night. Not a sniff of a mack although lost a decent fish to my bait rod (prob a codling) just at the side. It was dark so I couldn't get a decent look at it. Seal stoating about as I packed up.

#17 ·
Had a go at Arrochar on Monday nothing to report................. Although that's my usual story whether I'm chasing Mackerel or not !!!!!

Reactions: Seant82 and jamiep
#21 ·
Off mate but got the wee yin, only day of the week she's not at Nursery !!!! Until August when they have a place for her so will be able to head out 2/3 weeks come then ! Heading to Staffin on the 2nd of August for 2 nights after spending a week at the Isle of Whithorn with the family ! Back from there on the Saturday, Staffin on the Sunday !!!!!!

Reactions: plee1974
#27 ·
Go on to St catherines at Fyne. easy access.

#30 ·
Greenock last night. Solid trying for 2 and a half hours- not a touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.