Pwllheli next week

Discussion in 'North Wales Catch Reports & Advice' started by treetrunk, Apr 29, 2012.

1. treetrunk

treetrunk Member

Hi to all.Me and the lad are making the trip from Burnley to Pwllheli on Monday we are staying at Hafan y Mor caravan park.The plan is to get some bait and find a pub for the Manc derby on Monday and then to fish from Tuesday to Friday.We are taking Beach casting and spinning gear.Any local tips would be nice as Ive never fished the area before.Can someone tell me a good place to buy or collect bait from and a couple of marks to try.It is the lads first sea fishing trip and I would love him to catch something.Tight lines everyone

To remove this advert Register for a FREE account

2. jbsarn

jbsarn Member

If you want to buy fresh bait your best bet is to pick some up on the way down. The addresses of good shops are in the stickies. The last few times I've tried Llyn Angling he's only had frozen. The north wales venues section lists most of the decent spots but the forecast for next week is mostly easterlies so bear that in mind. Some people reckon it slows down the fishing. I've done ok for bass on the north coast when the wind has been in the SE.

Hope you have a decent few days

JB
  3. viaductbaggies

viaductbaggies Member

The shop in Pwhelli has fresh bait the shops called D&E Hughes and Tom is a very helpful bloke website is Llynangling.net

I believe the north coast of the Llyn fishing very well at the moment if you know where to try

Good luck :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
  4. Wobbler72

Wobbler72 Member

If it were me I'd call in at Jokers on the way down. It's only 200 yards off the A55, Joe's sound and the quality of the bait is as good as it gets IMHO.

I haven't been out fishing myself for what seems like ages but the current forecast for Tuesday is for strong Easterlies, which ain't good :(

You could try fishing the Marina from the East bank either side of low; at least you would get some shelter.

Wednesday looks to be calming down weatherwise. Hopefully someone will be along for you soon with the nod on where's fishing at the moment.

HTH
  5. viaductbaggies

viaductbaggies Member

You could try the western side of Porth Dinllaen (rock fishing) park on golf course car park then about 1/2mile walk or the beach at Porth ysgaden both venues should provide shelter from easterly winds :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: