1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Reel Sizes (Multiplier)

Discussion in 'Beginners and Improvers' started by David1, Jan 8, 2017.

1. David1

David1 Member

Evening all,

Never learned about reel sizes for different applications although I have been fishing all my life. By example I use a millionaire for boat fishing which is small. What sizes would you recommend for say general boat in shallowish depths, wrecking in say 100m plus and something for shark or large fish which can make big runs. Cheers guys.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Colin Chaplin

Colin Chaplin Member

Hi David, Pretty much common sense, match the reel, rod and line for the species of fish you want to catch, 6500 size most inshore fish, 7500 reef wrecking, 10000 wrecking then it's the lever drag, line capacity of 30-50lbs main line.