1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

stolen boats

Discussion in 'Boat Owning, Equipment and Maintenance' started by murky depths, Dec 24, 2007.

1. murky depths

murky depths Member

i know there is a site for this but more people on this site would look and be in the right places to see!!it just dawned on me about the power of the web, i have never given up getting her back even though i have another boat.I would like to be the gost of christmas past and miff someones xmas off...yers my stolen boat,stolen from north somerset a couple of years ago she was called hanna marie and would have had a yamaha 25 auto lube on the back with the numbers BU529 on her sides..if you purchased it then it isnt yours!!merry xmas:busted_co

[​IMG]
    dont have a better pic sorry.If its allowed add your stolen boat and lets catch the feckers,this boat is reg with avon & somerset stolen car unit so just ring ur local station if you have any info..
    merry xmas to all the real people out there:thumbs:

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Maywood

Maywood Guest

Mine is in the STOLEN boat section stolen from Canvey,Holehaven,(Essex) name was Baracuda,fitted with a 50 hp Yamaha on the back,allthough the name has been rubbed off the sides,it has been seen once by John (Aquabell) was my pride and joy,there is no way I can even think of a re`placement, liveing on Government Pension just enough money to survive on,I also wish them a happy Christmas.

4. sammyjo

sammyjo Member

:clap: great idea chaps ,:thumbs: hope this thread brings your boats back to the two of you . and only latley a thread was on here about how to get rid of a old boat , if the person is local and need to get it out of the way maybe someone will have the time to turn her back to sea condition and give it to them.:fishing1:

hope that someone can help you maywood

5. riteup4it

riteup4it Member

I had my warrior 165 stolen from the house June 2006, :thumbdown it had a blue cover, blue half canopy and a blue splice, fitted with a mariner 75hp 2 stroke and a mariner 4 stroke aux, matching pair. Blue bucket seats on boxes and blue bow cushions, sitting on a rollercoaster 3 trailer the whole outfit was only a year old.

The name of the boat was called double trouble and was stolen from Monkton Prestwick south ayrshire.

As you can imagine i was absolutely gutted!! All that hard earned cash and some bas***d thinks they have more rights to it than you!! Yes it was wheel clamped and tripple hitch locked and sit managed to get their hands on it!! :nonono:

6. David N

David N Guest

Sorry to hear that Rite. Having had a pride and joy motor disappear never to be found I know how you feel

Were you insured? If so did you recover the full cost? I'm putting together another "pride and joy" project and insurance is going to need to be looked at shortly.

7. murky depths

murky depths Member

any pics of these boats boys,they cant just vanish?i was gutted when i lost that orkney at 3500k but a new warrior!!!!maywood must be hard for you,at least i could save for another.remember the stolen boat web site aswell,they do recoverd boats,mine is logged with avon stolen car unit..even with all that coast,bristol docks and a few marinas they are not siged up to the stolen boat site

surenouff..do get insurance as that boat of mine did not:wallbash:it took me a long time to save for another,its insured with porthcawl insurance which found me a good deal as i am a boatman and use the boat for pleasure only,my mate put his new warrior with them

8. Maywood

Maywood Guest

Just to say thanks for all the kind comments from fellow members,I had insured her with Pothcawl insurance brokers,but at the original price I bought her for,first I changed the o/b for a decent one (with my claim I did not even recover the money I paid out for the o/b),then all the extras,all the things you forget to add to the insurance as you go allong,so although I was paid out as sutch it was less the first part of excess on a claim ,and just enough to buy a row boat,I always say to people if you are buying a boat for gods sake fit a tracker,as once its gone there is little chance of getting it back.

9. riteup4it

riteup4it Member

Here's a picture of my Warrior 165 airborne down at the Mull of Galloway. Brings back good memories. Cracking boat. :sad:

[​IMG]

10. bigads

bigads Member

I'll sticky this thread in the slim hope someones pride and joy turns up.

11. sammyjo

sammyjo Member

weldone bigads for making this a sticky, coz one thing i cant stand is someone taking your pride and joy , good luck chaps

12. captin

captin Member

a few years ago i had a 27ft railcraft moored at PHILLIP boat yard rye they dint take the boat just all the electrical bits raydar 2 gps sounders vhf radieo ariel of course no one saw nout yet it would have tacken them a while to nick all the gear because i had it fitted out proper the boat was insured but the insurance would not pay out because ther was no sign of forced entry even thoe the padlock to the cabin was missing so there you go small print and a slippery boat yard yes dereck phillips you know moore had to sell the boat arfter this happend as could not aford new gear and could no longer trust the moorings so thank you MARTIN AN DERECK PHILLIPS captin

• Great Catch Report Great Catch Report x 1
  13. cheapskate

cheapskate Member

Hi All,

went down to check my boat this afternoon and some.................has stolen my punt (Tender) :wallbash: i'm totally gutted,

it's not the best looking/newest punt in the world, but i could load it up with me and Adam and a load of gear for a days fishing and it was still as stable as hell,

unfortunately i haven't got an photo's, and to tell you the truth it looks like a thousand and one other punts, but here's a quick description just on the off chance one of you boys & girls notice a strange/different punt turn up around your way in the next few days,

she is fiberglass about 9 foot long and 5 foot wide (beam) painted battleship gray on the outside and a light blue/green which is peeling on the inside,

there is a white (sort of rap around) fender on the bow fixed with two thin blue straps not rope,

3 fixed wooden seats, the bow one is a little rotten and has 2 fairlines/cleats to fix your rope to,
    the middle one is supported in the centre with what looks like a short turned staircase balustrade upright,
    the stern seat is a lot newer than the others and looks a different to the others, it's made from a piece of hardwood that has faded in the sun,

on the outside of the hull there is a thin strip of stainless steel bent around the stern and on to the keel to protect the keel if you drag the punt,

the most obvious thing on the bottom of the hull is some local thug wrote his name on her in black permanent marker in letters about 2.5 -3inches high, i can't remember exactly what it says but it was something like "(his name) was here October 2008 or similar" i know the thieving little .................. will paint over it but it was only stolen last night/this morning so you never know your luck,

i know there is very little chance of seeing the punt again but you can only hope,
    if by any fluke anyone see/finds my punt, or what you think is my punt, PLEASE DO NOT accuse anyone of steeling or :boxing: anything similar
    please just PM me your number or contact detail's and I'll send the boys around :busted_co

Thanks Andy

P.S. sorry for those that don't know the punt was on the Torridge in Bideford

14. cheapskate

cheapskate Member

Hi All,

good news for once, i managed to recover my stolen punt today,

i posted a bit about the recovery on the South West forum, if your interested,

Thanks to all who helped looking

Andy

15. Mr Pix

Mr Pix Member

GOOD SHOUT CHEAPSKATE, pleased to her you got the punt back..........I was ready to keep my eyes peeled, incase it arrived in combe !! hope to see you out this year m8

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. thornbackflounder

thornbackflounder Member

great news on getting it back,these thieving barstads wont there hands chopped off

17. rebeliousc

rebeliousc Member

Been offered a dodgy sounding Wilson Flyer 17 on the Isle of Wight. Its got a 30 mariner and a trailer and the guy wants £1200 for it. If anyones had one stolen let us know cos i'd hate to buy someone else's pride and joy. Good luck getting your boats back everyone and well done to cheapskate for getting that punt back

Cheers

18. Nos4r2

Nos4r2 Member

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/search/display.var.2063122.0.0.php

A GROUP of disabled sailors has been left devastated by the theft of a boat that was due to be named by the Princess Royal.

Members of Lymington SailAbility are reeling from the disappearance of their £7,000 safety vessel and its trailer, which were taken from a car park overlooking the entrance to the harbour.

Now the club is involved in a race against time to get a replacement before the royal visit on April 21.

Members were delighted when the Princess Royal, a keen sailor, agreed to name their new Solent RIB and another vessel as well as hand out certificates.

However, the theft of the 5.4 metre craft is threatening to cast a cloud over the biggest day in the group's history.

The boat was due to have been named Pebble Beach after a local restaurant that raised £4,000 towards the cost of the craft.

It was stolen from a car park at Bath Road, Lymington, even though the club had removed two of the trailer's three wheels and clamped the other one in a bid to prevent it being taken.

Police are investigating.

19. thornbackflounder

thornbackflounder Member

Love to catch the theiving barstads ,and disable them buy cutting the ucking fingers off,,,,,,,,,hope it gets sorted ,some really horrible people about

20. billy bennett

billy bennett Guest

I have had 2 boats go missing in wales first one was cut from its mooring ,not to bothered about that one it was a heap of junk anyhow but the second one was taken off the back of my car while we were having a pint at the end of the day,was gutted.never seen either of them again but would know them if i did due to work i did to them (stainless steel fittings made in our workshop)

21. jrb

jrb Member

What a shame we cant be like the U.S. or even France, All boats and trailers are registered, with a number (exactly the same as a car) Its impossible to sell a boat, or trailer without its registration documents!
    There is virtually no boat theft in these countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor