1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

stolen boats

Discussion in 'Boat Owning, Equipment and Maintenance' started by murky depths, Dec 24, 2007.

1. SPECIAL'M'

SPECIAL'M' Raider 18 Owner

Why moan, if you have nothing to hide. On the other hand, they could be pulling the guy who has had away with your boat.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. happypiker

happypiker Member

Hi Guys, i fitted a very simple shed alarm to my cabin door, not very upmarket or hi-tech i know but in a small harbour area it might be enough to see of an intruder. It belts out a helluva noise and i imagine it would give a would be thief a bit of a fright.
    I also put my postcode in indelible ink a few places that caused me some backache to reach and therefore difficult to find, unless you know where to look :lock:
    Also get yourself an engine cover too, if its hard to see what type/size engine then perhaps it may be too much hassle and i know its a pain but all electronics can be removed easily, well in my boat ( fitted them myself ) i could undo them and take them home with me. I tried to fit them as neat as possible but always made it easy to remove when finished for the day.
    Best of luck to all you guys who have lost out, keep checking and fingers crossed,
    Happypiker.

4. eastgreen

eastgreen Member

Folks, if anyone comes across this could you please give me a nudge? Left her at Levington marina on a trailer about a year ago but she has now disappeared. Microplus 571, Mercury 75HP. My own fault for not looking after her and leaving her for so long, but would still be interested in finding out what cheeky **** decided they would be away with her. And, no, I didn't have any insurance.

Lesson 642 in boat owning now learned :nonono:

Thanks

EG

Attached Files:

5. harrysailor

harrysailor Member

Try a google search for your Microplus 571 and 75HP Mercury. Do you have the serial numbers? Worth a try placing an advert as "boat wanted" and also Mercury 75HP wanted. Sometimes thieves can be foolish enough to respond to such an advert. If you report this to the police you will be given a crime or log number and your serial numbers will be on the police national computer. A simple check of the serial numbers when it turns up would enable the police to help you get your goods back to you.

There is an engine similar to yours for sale here; (for example only. I am not saying it is yours);

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/75-hp-outboar...at_Engines_EngineParts_SM?hash=item2559fac6a6

I hope you are lucky enough to get it back. There are several for sale and your boat may well be a different colour by now!

Regards

Harry

6. SELACHI

SELACHI Member

Hi my mates outboard was stolen off his rib from outside his house saturday night from ST ASAPH ,They used bolt croppers ,He was just getting ready for the season and had taken the coil off the engine for repair so engine is without coil
    The engine is a ex R.N.L.I mariner 40 hp longshaft year 1994 new doel fins just fitted
    Also his insurance had ran out GUTTED

7. eastgreen

eastgreen Member

Thanks for the advice Harry. Tracked her down on ebay a few weeks ago as you suggested and have sorted it out. The seller got quite a shock when I turned up and said I owned it! Turns out the marina sold her to this guy to pay for my hard standing fees without getting in touch with me. This despite the marina having my details, and my radio licence being in the cabin where I left it! The boat has been wrecked. Propellor knarled up, cabing destroyed, decking rotted to hell, trailer damaged. Someone has been using and abusing it anyway! Time to walk away. I'll just pay the marina a visit some time when I'm not having a great day.

Thanks

EG

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. happypiker

happypiker Member

Why didn't you ask at the Marina in the first place ???:giveup:

9. TomBettle

TomBettle Guest

Selling the boat to pay a bad debt is often the simplest solution for a marina.
    I have to say, they would normally get in touch with the owner first!

10. TomBettle

TomBettle Guest

STOLEN MERRY FISHER 625 & SUZUKI 115Hp

Just had a call from an insurance company asking for us to keep an eye out for a white Merry Fisher 625 with a Suzuki 115Hp on the back.

This boat has been stolen from Shell Bay in Poole.

MF625s are two a penny, but this one stand out. It's the only one in the world with a custom made wakeboarding tower bolted to it!

Even if the tower is removed there is likely to be giveaway signs that it was once fitted (it wrapped around the pilot house).

Please keep an eye out for this boat and if you see it please can you inform the police straight away.

Many thanks

11. klr16v

klr16v Member

Just to warn you there have been several engines stolen off the straights end of last summer and this year , our 6.4m rib was moved off mooring and left floating with engine cover off and friends 6.4m rib was stolen and found by beumaris with 175hp brand new engine gone , had only been used for 1 hr as it had also been stolen in septmber last year !!!!! beleive ABC had 5 engines stolen last year . Be warned .

Mark

12. boyscott

boyscott Member 2016 Species Hunt
    25 Species

My auxiliary has gone. Its a Mariner 5hp 4st longshaft and it was stolen between 25th Sept and today. Cobbs is in Poole harbour but it could end up anywhere. If you are offered one on the cheap I'd appreciate a nod as there were some telltale marks.
    Police informed.

PS - my signoff is now technically incorrect :mad:

13. jonosw1982

jonosw1982 Member

14. underground

underground Member

Hi all, first post! I'm a complete boating beginner but have just won one on ebay - this question may appear in another thread but does anyone have any advice on how to check a boat for legitimacy, before I hand over any readies?
    I can appreciate engine serial numbers could be easily checked but how abou the actual boat?

Thanks in advance from the beginner!

15. Nos4r2

Nos4r2 Member

Be aware, there's currently what appears to be an organised gang targetting outboards and boats on trailers in the Solent area. A lot are being taken from owner's houses.

It's worth making sure you're not being followed home.

16. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck Things Come to Those Who Bait

Just read all these posts....!!!!

turns my stomach , makes me sick...!!!!

in a month or 2 going to shell out 5k for a boat...! from 25 years service in work ( redundancy package )

certainly make you think....!!!!!!! is it worth it

Cant stand theiving scum bags, taking someones hard earned cash.

but not going to stop me...!!!!!!!

good luck on locating your boats or motors

hope the scum bags get get there fingers chopped off, one at a time...!!!

17. Pedro the Fisherman

Pedro the Fisherman Member
    1. South East Anglers
    2. Croydon, Surrey and surrounding areas!

18. ryvesy

ryvesy Member

that wasnt the yellow seajeep was it,i tried to call for a yellow seajeep on the i.o.w and left messages but no answer,must bee the same boat?was advertiesed at £1200 ono

19. russ55

russ55 Member

at least 9 engines stolen last night from burton boat yard found in van stoped by the law near haverfordwest .

20. toby lure

toby lure Member

There is a boat on boats and outboards resembling your old boat!!!! Check it out......its very reasonably priced which sets alarm bells ringing!!!!

21. seafishinggirl

seafishinggirl Member

very interested, tell us more did you get the *******s with it too?

22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor