1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

stolen boats

Discussion in 'Boat Owning, Equipment and Maintenance' started by murky depths, Dec 24, 2007.

1. seafishinggirl

seafishinggirl Member

I had a boat stolen and was advised that on the next one i should install a hidden mobile phone permanently connected to the battery or a solar panel then if its nicked all i have to do is ping it, i have yet to look into this but this link might
    help others

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6640713_ping-cell-phone-location.html

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. LilBrit

LilBrit Member

As this is a "sticky" thread maybe I should add the details of my stolen outboard:

2006 Mariner 115hp Optimax, the one with the silver engine cowl.

It was rigged for cable steering so it may still have the steering gear attached which I could easily identify.

Removed from the transom of my boat on the night of 12th May 2012.

Would very much like to find this and even better the scrotes who stole it!

Paul

4. Tim_B

Tim_B Member

I've just had my brand new (less than 10hrs) Yamaha 6hp aux nicked from Levington, Suffolk. Discovered on Sarurday 2nd June but could have gone up to a week before that.

Would very much like to talk to the people who took it. Serial No. F6CMHL-6BX1005650.

Cheers
    Tim

5. Nos4r2

Nos4r2 Member

Anyone in the Southampton/Hampshire area offered a mid-2000's Mariner 60 bigfoot fourstroke, there were 2 stolen in Southampton last night.

More details when I get them.

6. Nos4r2

Nos4r2 Member

2x Mariner 60 4-stroke EFI “bigfoot”s and a 40hp Etec stolen from the River Itchen this week

A pair of the above engines have been stolen from a yard on the river Itchen earlier this week, we think on Tuesday night. The thieves gained access at the back of the yard by cutting through a wire fence and clearing thick undergrowth before cutting through 2 outboard locks and a thick chain before removing the engines, and carrying them up a railway embankment, across a mainline railway and into a get-away vehicle. (They clearly knew what they were doing!). There is on-site security, so these guys must have been very quick and very quiet.

Both engines have blue hood covers on, similar to Orca covers. Both had, at the time of theft a heavy build-up of lime scale or similar on the skegs which proved quite tricky to remove. One of them has what looks like burn damage on the inside of the cowling. One of them also has damage to the top right hand part of the saddle bracket, where they must have levered the engine off with the bolt still in place, as a small chunk of saddle bracket was left behind.
    Both were in otherwise good condition.

I am offering a £1000 reward for any information which leads to current where abouts of these engines, or the person/group who took them. This is the third such engine theft locally that I know of in the last few weeks. It is in my opinion the same professional group of thieves.

Seriel numbers are as follows: OP232120 & OP236418. They were identical to the one shown in the photograph.

The night after the above crime happened, yet another engine was stolen. This was a brand new blue Etec - serial number 055333936 - 40hp tiller steered model.

<edit> I'm not personally offering a £1000 reward, but they were stolen from a friend who is and I'll pass your details on. If you google the text of the post, you'll find him anyway...

Attached Files:

7. LilBrit

LilBrit Member

What a bunch of thieving bastids!!! I can't see one bloke carrying a motor that size away on his own?

8. Steve23Flyer

Steve23Flyer Member

Evening guys,

This is not a thread i ever wanted to contribute to, however i would like to have a chat with the person/people who have screwed my yard and removed my auxilliary engine from a locked container after bolt croppering their way into the boat's cabin and various other places. Total haul was £10,000 of tools.

The engine was a Mercury 5hp 4stroke serial no. ORO11074 year of manufacture 2000 and was taken from the Barry Docks area between Monday night (21st)and Wednesday morning (23rd).

Any help would be most appreciated - i really would like to meet them......

<edit> Just dug out pic, note the junior hacksaw in place of pin!!

outboard.jpg

9. theonlyoldboy

theonlyoldboy Member

Hello. i am new to this site ,had my boat stolen some time between 13 june and 28th june 2012.Stolen from Southwold,Seasafe pacific550. name Water Witch 60 hp evinrude. And all fishing gear.She was on 4 wheel trailer.

10. Steve23Flyer

Steve23Flyer Member

Sorry that this is the way you have to introduce yourself to this site, hope you were insured.

Going to sell mine now so won't bother claiming for the 5hp auxilliary as i won't see the £250 excess on the sale price. (£8k if anyone's interested, with trailer and cover).

ATB

Steve.

11. aikidojohn

aikidojohn Member

I get my boat on Thursday I have a ball lock and two different wheel locks and a chain lock for the trailer. Is this enough? is there anything else I can do?
    I am now looking for insurance who do you use?

AJ :marinheir

12. 50 Shades of Whiting

50 Shades of Whiting Member

John,
    It may be better to to start a new thread, that way you will get more exposure and responses, and in the future people who are searching the same questions in the get the benefit of the answers.
    Suggest you title the thread '2 different wheel locks, a chain lock for the trailer. Is this enough?'

13. knightinblack

knightinblack Member

as a follow up
    Nohttp://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/latest_news/marine_watch.aspxrth Wales Marine watch go to link any problems let me know . this should be in all areas theft from marinas morrings sea and frest water is still on going .

14. murky depths

murky depths Member

hi sorry for the massive delay in finding this thread...but having had a hard couple of years...devorce ect ect I have only just got bk on wsf and come across this post :( if it was my lil old baby then she is long gone again as the ad was last year....I will find her one day as there are things I still have that will be 100% proof she was my lil baby...thanks for the post its gr8 to know you guys are looking for those boats and bits we have all lost ...keep posting and keep looking..the worse we can make it for these scum bags the better...what we work and save years for those ****ers sell for a few squid and a few hours fix...they should be taken to the low water mark and be hanged by the neck!! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. theonlyoldboy

theonlyoldboy Member

Sea Safe Pacific 550 on 4 wheel trailer Stolen from Southwold (WATER WITCH)Stolen june 2012.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. puckoon

puckoon Member

any pictures?

17. theonlyoldboy

theonlyoldboy Member

Scanner down at moment .There is a pic on Leader Lines site if that helps?

18. NickK-UK

NickK-UK Member

My background is in mobile operators and operator networks.

The main issue I see with this technique is SIM recycling. Operators will recycle SIMs - what triggers this recycling and quarantine for a month or two before it's assigned to a new mobile phone number is dependant on the operator. Some operators with pay-as-you-go SIMs will recycle if they have not had any calls (at least incoming) and sometimes if the SIM has not been topped up it could cause a cancelled contract.

19. Julian55

Julian55 Member

STOLEN MICROPLUS 501 EXPLORER in Red and white, white hull, red cabin and deck, from Hastings & St. Leonards Angling Club.

Stolen 4 to 5 weeks ago with 20 hp Mercury Mariner outboard and trailer£100 reward for information leading to its return.

Attached Files:

20. Boatsandoutboards4sale

Boatsandoutboards4sale Member

There's a very good website called "Stolen Boats.Org which allows you to check a database for stolen boats, outboards etc. It's not guaranteed to be clear if not on there but worth checking all the same. You can also check H.I.N numbers to make sure they are genuine etc

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. piscator43

piscator43 Member

Stolen from the Maidstone area in Kent this morning.
    Warrior 175 export - Cattfish
    100hp suzuki
    Sbs trailer with S5000 superwinch loaded with dyneema.
    Lowrance 9" downscan/plotter and 5" elite plotter.
    Simrad vhf
    Plus various rods and reels.
    Please make this to hot to handle!!

15965945_1556456277705105_481466101716665403_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor