1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

Stupid dog .....and it's owner

Discussion in 'General Sea Angling Discussion' started by monsterconger, Jan 8, 2017.

1. monsterconger

monsterconger Member

Fishing at Paull on the Humber today and I had just unclipped my rig and placed the hooks on my chopping board as I was cutting my bait (shrimp) which I elasticated as it was a large piece from my hook . Literally 10 seconds after I cut the shrimp from the hook I turned to put my knife back into my box and a stupid dog came bounding towards me and proceeded to eat my bait , luckily I had removed the hooks from the chopping board but 5 seconds earlier and it would of been a lot worse ( for the dog). Anyway the owner ( a stupid woman ) had a go at me for leaving sharp objects around and said " I don't know why you all fish here anyway " so I said " Look around , their must be 15 people fishing and it is the sea and why don't you let your dog off in the wood (100 yards away) . After a few more words , her and her stupid dog carried on their stupid way , but like I said , if that dog ate that bait 5 seconds earlier it would of eaten my hooks as well and I don't know what would of happened then .

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. big spurrie

big spurrie Member

More like "Stupid owner and her dog!"

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Pollock Chops

Pollock Chops Member

Hooked through the lip, a dog makes an excellent bait if it's a Great White you're after.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. are soles fish?

are soles fish? Member

It is a Dog owners responsibility to keep the dog under control at all times, so it will be her paying the vet bill.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  6. monsterconger

monsterconger Member

I would hate to be in her house when that dog starts farting after eating my squid :poop:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Ftp900

Ftp900 Member

Feel your pain mate ,xmas holiday down clacton I lost my temper after my gear got peed on twice , I know the sres might resemble lamposts but ffs, ........ive got dogs but I suppose so many of the general pubic just dont realise the hook thing. Its hard to come across as being pleasant and considerant in these matters , hmm vets bill for removing a swallowed hook will be 4 figures , no body wants it ..... I suppose we just need to get used to it and do our best ,it wont change no matter how much we may want to rant about it , bit like people leaving rubbish , you cant train the untrainable , cant educate an ignoramus , just breeaaathe smile and go on with life knowing your better than them

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. W.olly

W.olly Member

People just hate to admit when they are in the wrong.

( the dog owner not you MC )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nottah1

nottah1 Member

Used to take my dalmations fishing with me as they loved the beach and were good company would always go to a quiet area with no one around one day the female ate a lump of squid someone had left on the ground attached to a length of line and a 2/0 hook didn't notice till she started coughing cost £250(10 years ago) to get it removed and she always had a slight cough till the day she died and I blanked just to make it worse bl@@dy expensive session.
    Pete

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pollock Chops

Pollock Chops Member

You see what I mean, you could've cast her out and have avoided a blank and an expensive vets bill ;)

11. fechellbaits

fechellbaits Member

Next time tell her its swallowed a hook..by the time the panic..rushing to the vets for an x ray then the all clear she might think again about letting the dog loose around anglers again,

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. Pollock Chops

Pollock Chops Member

Being serious for a moment, I've got a dog, I love her to bits, she goes everywhere with me and my mrs, including to the beach and on fishing trips, I'm completely paranoid about letting her near hooks, bait, or anything else that could harm her. Stupid dog owners annoy the f*ck out of me.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. monsterconger

monsterconger Member

I may of being a bit harsh to call the dog stupid but the owner............ Totally her fault!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ftp900

Ftp900 Member

as do the idiots who throw away old baited hooks about for kids feet , dogs , birds etc.................

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nottah1

nottah1 Member

Trouble was someone had buried it in the shingle above the high tide line so didn't know it was there but with a dogs sense of smell they will find any old bait that's been buried so be careful with your dog .
    Pete

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ashley.Davies

Ashley.Davies Member

This is why I like making the effort to go in the night a lot less ass holes around to annoy me, not being harsh towards women but let's be honest... When was it when one admitted to being in the wrong?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Phil Arnott

Phil Arnott Member

I'm surprised you've only had problems with dogs eating your bait. The problem I mostly have with dogs or rather their owners is when they let their dogs run free and naturally pee up the only thing stood up on the beach --- MY BOX!

It never ceases to amaze me that dog owners are so stupid that they've never noticed their dogs habits.

I have been known to make the owners wash my box in the sea after having a few choice words with them.

• Like Like x 3
  18. valleyboy

valleyboy Member

Should put irresponsible owner s in the pound where they belong

• Like Like x 1
  19. Norm B

Norm B Member

:( I used to have problems with dog walkers on Southsea/Eastney beach in the evenings in the summer. Both beaches are out of bounds to dogs in the summer but surprise, surprise, some people can't read the signs. First occasion I had a pair of Alsatians run up to my box and pee against the box and my smock hanging on it, soaking it. When their owner eventually turned up I remonstrated with her about letting her dogs on the beach and peeing on my box and jacket, her reply was that the beach was nearly empty and her dogs thought my box and jacket were a tree. I told her that the beach was a "dog free area" from May to October and it was now July so her dogs shouldn't be there, she replied that as the council didn't enforce the rule she would run her dogs there until she got caught because they "didn't do any harm". When I pointed out my wet jacket she said "it's a warm evening so it should soon dry!!!!! Wasting my time talking to that one. A couple of months later a woman, again, walking a dog off the lead as usual the dog went into my rucksack and took my pasty out and ate it, she thought it hilarious and when I said it was my snack as I would be there until midnight she said she'd bring me one back, she never appeared, with or without pasty. The following year a man this time, letting his Alsatian run well ahead, I grabbed my rucksack to save my pasty from his dog so it went for my squid. By the time he got there all my squid had been eaten, I wasn't going to kick an Alsatian was I? As I tried to explain that his dog was in a " no dogs area" and it had eaten my bait he got quite stroppy so I said that the bait could've had hooks in it and he was lucky that it hadn't. He then got "all legal" and said that he would sue me if his dog was injured. I said that it would be difficult as he didn't know who I was and as it was a dog free beach I had no responsibility to keep my bait away from dogs that shouldn't be there. I wrote to PCC about the dogs and their c**p on the beach but they said they didn't have the staff to enforce the rules, I said they could use their parking enforcement staff as they were patrolling the sea front, "not their job was the response". I'm sure some £60 fines would soon cover their wages. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. paul2u

paul2u Member

it was not a stupid dog m8t just a stupid owner

21. ken1989

ken1989 Member

Bloody right there, wouldn't want to pendulm cast that though...;););)

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor