1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

Things are on the up....slowwwly

Discussion in 'Boat Owning, Equipment and Maintenance' started by W.olly, Jun 29, 2015.

1. W.olly

W.olly Member

Yes that is the shaded side, i never like to buy paint as it never comes out as it should lol. The colour chart i looked at was good, darker than this but then it is on a PC screen.

I will do a sample soon and see;), not being painted now untill next year anyway.

Oh and i forgot the last pic

[​IMG]

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BruceK

BruceK Member

That's has come along nicely! Well done

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. W.olly

W.olly Member

I just had to do a sample of the hull paint to see how it will look, i thought it was a bit to blue in the tin if you know what i mean, i like it but maybe a bit to bright, i was hoping for a darker shade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only update is without pics but then they will look no different from the previous as all i have done is fix the lining in place and insulated behind them. Got a lot more to do so todays task after xmas shopping [​IMG] is to get more cut out and if warm enough fix them down.

Disaster........

We have had that much rin over the last few days i found a leak in a window frame, all i can say is i had what i call ` a moment` i sat down took a deep breath and head in hands for a few minutes. I was not a happy chappy, i can tell you.
    After that i made a brew and came back and looked at the problem, all it was is that the drain channels in the frame had block up with dust and much and the water had built up over the lip, it was just a small drip but even a drip is to much no matter how often it drips.

Disaster no more [​IMG]

But for the Houdini is leaking again, i tried the Creep Crack when i fitted it, i will be removing it and having a go at stripping it and resealing it, i have read ll stories on these, i am sure if it can be it will be done.

Oh and good mate Gazza [​IMG] sent me this, it needs a spring or something, i will ask him again but i think it suits nice.
    Need to make a bracket to mount it as there is nowhere for it to sit but below the grab rail.

[​IMG]

5. W.olly

W.olly Member

It has been a while since much has been with one thing and another but today i had to get the front cleats fitted, reason is so then i can get the bow insulated and lined out.

As in previous posts i have made the cleat spreader plates from 18mm ply and 3mm SS plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to set this in the middle of the pulpit rail legs and close to the edge, infatc the speadrs i made needed to be cut back by 15mm down one edge so they would fit, no big deal there though.

[​IMG]

Drilled out with a 3mm bit first then to 10mm for the M10 bolt, trial fitted then out to 12mm hole, this is so the Sikaflex 291i will fill the bolt better. The a counter sink for s a bigger surface area and better adhesion of the Sikaflex again.

Yes the holes look out from the markings, but when counter sinking the bit needs to be spot on central and well i am not perfic [​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the inside i gave a good sand back to remove all loose paint and cleaned back as with the rest of the fittings, acetone was used as always.

[​IMG]

Plenty of Sikalfex was used, around the holes and on the cleat edges to make sure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plenty aded to the blocks

[​IMG]

steady crank it up until it oozes out the edges of the plates, then excess can be used to seal more the ply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grab the nearest thing to scrap the excess from the cleat itself, and wipe away excess with help of acetone again. and jobs a good un [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow i hope to get a bit more lining out done, if its to cold to use the foam then i will see about the frame work for the galley or head. Oh ye, i will refit the door for the cabin first and see if the gas strut i have will do the job, cant remember the Nm/kg they are.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toonmania

Toonmania Member

7. W.olly

W.olly Member

Thats the shade i am going for, the Blue i got looked liek that in the colour chart, maybe a tads brighter but not as much as it came out. I will get another tin when time coes, this i will save for another boat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. W.olly

W.olly Member

Happy New Year all[​IMG]I hope you all had a good start to the new year.

I am very much looking forward to 2017 so fingers crossed all goes to plan.

I have a small update to add.Over Christmas and New Year breaks I have got a few bits done. I was wanting to get the whole boat lined out I only managed to get a bit done as the weather has been so cold the expanding foam does not work as good as it cold.

Still, I managed to get the rear end of the cabin lined out a few week before Christmas so I could at least get of with doing the frame work and clad a little of the Head.

Oh darn, sat here typing this I remembered i needed to remove the Houdini at the seals have gone again and is dripping slightly so i will be having a go at resealing it.

Anyway

I have used 34mmx12mm timber for the frame work for the Heads and the cupboard for the water heater and storage. 25x4 screws and plenty of Gorilla glue, good stuff I swear by for all timber work.

In this picture all the frame work is just screwed together for now until I am happy with it. As always I do not work to plans, all in my head.

[​IMG]

The frame work nearest to you is going to be for a cupboard and hot water heater which will be in the top right. That will be a Morco F-11EL.

It is lined internally with 5.5mm ply and will be later clad with PVC Cladding.

[​IMG]

Inside the Head I have started to make the frame work to hold one of the tanks in place and an access panel to where the pipe work is from the tank to the pump. I have yet to decide where to fit the freshwater pump. It will be either on the back panel ( I do think the pump will be in the way, I need to measure it up yet and see where the pipe work will run ) or to the side in another access panel below the fuse box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By this time all was glued and screwed so I decided to leave it as is for now so as not to disturb it to much for the glue to set.

9. Salar

Salar Member

Lovely job. Just watch that you are not adding too much extra weight beyond what it was designed for as that will make it sit lower in the water, and if the weight is above the waterline it will be less stable.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toonmania

Toonmania Member

Looking good, I've missed your updates on this so pleased to see one :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  11. W.olly

W.olly Member

This weekend i have done a bit of plumbing and lined out the Heads but for the water tank side. The floor will be laminated over for the wet room and drained by a pump under the read deck. This pump will also drain the water system as when needed in winter etc

The water pump is now under the cabin step where the batteries were intended to go. Now the two batteries will be going the other side of the lower bulkhead under the deck.

Here you can see the top horizontal pipe is the balance pipe joining the two tanks. This is to help filling the tanks from one deck filler.

[​IMG]

The cabin step covers it just nicely.

[​IMG]

Here is the feed to the heads sink and Morco boiler which I will be T`ing off to. The elbow fitting on the right will be replaced with a T fitting later. so i can go through the heads wall and up to the boiler.

All open ends in the pipe work have been blocked off with tissue for now so no dust or dirt gets in the system.

[​IMG]

Spot the difference.

I forgot to add the drain for the water system. Easy done as I have yet to finish it all off yet. All joints will be tightened and tested before anything else goes ahead. Well but for the pie work to the galley sink.

[​IMG]

I hope to get on with a little more lining out done so I can get the galley framed out this week. Once that is done i can move back over the cupboard and then the berths.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  12. Skids

Skids Member

Love to see your photos but evidently I don't belong there????

13. back lash

back lash Member

it tells me i dont belong there as well

14. W.olly

W.olly Member

I think I used the wrong pic host if that is what you meant. I have editied them now so should show.

15. Skids

Skids Member

Perfect ,faaar to interesting to mis the pictures.

Thanks

16. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor