1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Titan update?

Discussion in 'General Sea Angling Discussion' started by Ashley.Davies, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Ashley.Davies

Ashley.Davies Member

I am just a simple man. I used titan stuff a lot & have a certain amount of nostalgia for it. I emailed the contact email address on their dire website, they responded saying they are releasing a new catalogue for 2017.

Anybody know what is going on with titan last couple of years and any info on what kit they are releasing?

I remember when titan was THE kit to have at one point but seems to have a bad reputation now.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. tournamag

tournamag Member

My long jacket as a through drainage system comes in through the shoulder joint and runs out below! From new!
    Even Fabsil'ed it still leaks

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ashley.Davies

Ashley.Davies Member

My old was is years old and didn't have a problem but sounds like the newer stuff is bad quality

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Norm B

Norm B Member

;) I posted about this earlier today but it's disappeared so I'll try again.
    I bought a very smart red Titan smock which was very warm with a nice hood, not cheap but as they say, "you get what you pay for". I wore it one night at a match, very smart, looked the DB's. An hour into the match it started raining, at the end of the match 4 hours later I was soaked. I took it back to the shop on Monday for exchange or a refund. Alan gave me my money back and said "keep the smock as Titan don't give refunds and won't talk to me." He didn't buy any more gear from them. I still wear it when it's dry but keep waterproofs handy. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. bracklesham boy

bracklesham boy Member

Bit of a quirky company , I managed to get through to the guy on the phone once a few years ago , a bit strange.
    He told me then they will soon be releasing some new gear , hasn't happened yet.
    They used to do a decent rod holdall for long 8ft tips.

7. Norm B

Norm B Member

:) As said, they used to do some decent gear but their after sales service was non-existent. Wouldn't give shops refunds for faulty gear, only replacements or credits. Heard that they'd been taken over but was never confirmed. Don't know what their gear is like now but they've lost out to new and better firms IMHO. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Old yin

Old yin Member

We've a couple of the smocks bought a few years back now they've been washed and reproofed on a few occassions still waterproof. Only problem is they tend to hold a lot of water in really heavy rain

9. Bykerfisher

Bykerfisher Member

Reading some of the other guys I won't be buying any of that anytime soon. You've got to stay warm and dry when your out fishing,

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. shaeg

shaeg Member

I have the hooded jacket with double zips and the salopettes bought them online quite a few years ago the factory was only 3 or 4 miles from where I live and I'm sure the owner delivered them his self anyhow they are very warm but certainly not waterproof I only wear the salopettes under my chest waders with a different top and the jacket going for bait I don't know if the company exists anymore

11. The Third Earl

The Third Earl Member

I must have got lucky..I have an older Titan Hooded Smock, quite a few years old now, and its warm and waterproof, never been reproofed , but has been washed in warm water a few times to get lug juice and fish guts off.
    The only drawback is that sometimes in a downpour a bit of rain gets into the side patch pockets, the chest pocket stays dry though.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevielh

stevielh Member

i have the old zip up jacket which is quite waterproof..but the newer smock leaks at all the seams and the 2 low front pockets just fill up with rain..

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. chichesterpete

chichesterpete Member

Rod bag which is discontinued was great right length, super light and well designed..... I think its safe to say everything else has been superseded.

14. jackjock

jackjock Member

I had the older smocks for years which where brilliant . Then but for what ever reason the company started selling crap gear so if they started up again I would not be buying.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor