1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

Tracking the lead

Discussion in 'Casting' started by Jeremy Schrader, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

Well thanks to my beautiful wife I have a new high speed sports camera that allows me to see the lead right throughout the cast when the footage is slowed down.
    I went out to have a play with the camera and was happy casting both the 200 gram as well as the 150 gram .
    It is goof seeing the sinker when you view the footage on the bigger screen :D

Here's the footage for those interested.

Regards :mrgreen:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. are soles fish?

are soles fish? Member

Thats really good to see, i would have thought the sinker would have been lower before the hit. but that proves otherwise.

4. whamers

whamers Member

The lead looks too far back when you go to hit it,I would wait a bit longer before hitting it.Looks very smooth and great lead control though.Always great to see you putting your vids up and letting us benefit from them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. coach

coach Member

It's all down to the individual. And the way they swing( especially the backswing) the lead. I cast high swing, so did Mackellow, Kerry, and others.. it's all about increasing the arc the lead moves through.

• Like Like x 2
  6. IMAndrew

IMAndrew Member

You're a big boy Jeremy :D
    Lovely to watch. Nice smooth and powerful. Thanks. :thumbsup:

7. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

IMAndrew ,

You must be peaking mate as I am only 5'6" tall and though a few mates say that I am like a little brick s$%T house :alien:

Coach you are spot on the wider the arc the higher the lead speed, I just need to get it all together so I can get the best results from myself :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cesar AA

Cesar AA Member

awesome new camera jeremy, your videos already was amazing, now are better!!! take this like from a guy that is learning and only to see if i can help you as you helped me a lots of time... may be you are not letting the rod behind? i mean you are turning your body arms and rod all together, the 3 H rule jajaja

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

Cesar AA ,

Thanks for that as its hard training by yourself and only seeing the casts after you get back home. I am planning on hooking up my iPad to the camera via bluetooth and then checking the cast there and then . Will see if I can do some improvement in the coming week though I am back at work on the 3rd :(

10. chuckit

chuckit Member

Can you not just film on your iPod and review there and then? I've got an iPod pro and been doing this myself recently.

It allows you to film in standard or even slow motion and your can review and refine after each cast (and boy does my cast need a lot of refinement....lol)

Good luck, keep up the posts, really enjoy em

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. philtherod

philtherod Member

I've lost count of the number of times I have asked spectators not to stand within 30 feet of my right side....perhaps I should make that distance 40 feet? Answers on the back of a £20 note......
    A Happy New Year to all chuckers, no matter whether lead or fluff...
    See you on the beach/Rocks/Pier, wherever....

PTR

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMAndrew

IMAndrew Member

Lol ... nicely said. When I fish, everyone always stay clear by themselves :)
    First time I decided to try the wide pendulum when fishing, I smashed my breakaway rod rest when my lead smacked it right in the middle of the tripod joint as it was still climbing. That is probably not what breakaway tackle was all about :confused2:

That is the reason I now stick with the high pendulum when fishing, where I need only a narrower corridor. But most give me a wide berth. Think they know better when they see me dangling my lead about :alien:

Anyway, Happy New Year all ! :BigGrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ftp900

Ftp900 Member

Mr G , your vids and posts have always been excellent,dont suppose you can hook your new camera up to a drone for an aerial shot or two, thatll be the next step?especially for the low swing

14. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

Will be doing some of that stuff in the near future as the good lady has bought me a new sports camera that I have started using with a head mount etc. And a mate has a drone that he mentioned that I could use with him in the future.

You can see one of the videos that I am working on the ASF Facebook page.

15. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

Here's the current video .

• Like Like x 2
  16. jackjock

jackjock Member

Great casting, well done.

17. Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader Member

Had another sessio9n on the 175 gram yesterday , slowly getting things sorted as Comp is at the end of the month .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor