1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Travel Beachcaster?

Discussion in 'Beginners and Improvers' started by Stubby73, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Stubby73

Stubby73 Member

Due to work commitments in the new year, to avoid sitting in hotel bars I want to take my gear and try blanking at different marks for abit. Is there a half decent travel beachcaster I can get for under £50 that I can get in the boot of a mondeo sized car, or do I need to work out how to get my normal rods in and keep them out of sight?

Thanks in advance for any tips. SB

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bigbadrh

bigbadrh Member

There is a Ron Thompson 11ft 6in travel beach rod on the market for about £55 from Tacklebargains.co.uk. Might be worth a look. I have a TF Gear Outlander which cost me nearly twice that, and it is like fishing with a tree trunk. The other decent one I have seen is the Shimano Nexave Surf 5-piece, but that I think is also up around the £90 mark.

4. greenwells glory

greenwells glory Member

Angling Mad do the bison one which is 13'and seems to have a decent reputation it retals at just under £40
    Hope this helps

5. MigHastings

MigHastings Member

Hi Stubby - I bought a Shakespeare Agility EXP in 11ft6in for about £35 a couple of months back. It comes in 5 parts and in a cordura tube, nice and compact. I've only used it a couple of times, but seems a nice weight but the reel seat is a little higher up the rod than I was used to but now have the hang of casting it. I think I have the pre-2016 model, eventually confirmed as the TOG guides and not ZOG.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pete E

Pete E Member

Have a look at the Shakespeare Agility Surf 12' 9" at around £65 or the Penn Rampage 2 (13') currently £75 from Veals.

These are three piece rods which makes transporting much easier. I have both these rods and they will fit across the back seats of a Mk1 Freelander no problem. I would therefore guess even if the don't fit in the boot of a Mondeo, they they would probably fit width ways on the floor behind the front seats, where they would be mostly out of sight...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor