1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming boat trips?

Discussion in 'Boat Angling / Angling Afloat' started by Cascars, Dec 21, 2014.

1. kuhn123

kuhn123 Member

Going to try again this Sunday. Shame I couldnt get out last week as weather here was great

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Cascars

Cascars Boat Moderator
    1. The Quicksilver Owners Club

The problem with splitting this into areas, is that there are too many and just that section would fill the whole page. We also have be careful with this that we do not get seen as trying to encourage 'pirate chartering'. The idea of this thread is to try and get boats to buddy up to fish new areas together or to share marks if they wish. If you have mates that come fishing on your boat with you, that you generally keep in touch with on here, then I do not see a problem with letting them know that are planning a trip out, but lets not give certain people an excuse to get this thread shut down by accusing us of 'advertising for paying crew':(
    Can I suggest that if you are looking for a buddy boat(s) that you post the date and departure point, and an idea of distance and type of fishing?:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. dai774

dai774 Member

Roger,understood but I'm sure there's is plenty of private owners who struggle to get body's on board.Sure people are right up for it and last minute......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cascars

Cascars Boat Moderator

I (and a lot of others) will agree with you which was why a few years ago I set up the very popular Boat Buddies thread and group, but despite the MCA not having a problem with it, a couple of people caused so many problems that it was felt best to remove the thread and group.
    Who you take out on your boat (and whether they make any contribution towards the days costs or not) is up to you but unfortunately I cannot allow this thread to be used to put people together in that way :(
    Most of us will agree that having a buddy boat, especially if fishing a new area or in less than perfect conditions, is a great idea. For that reason I do not want to jeopardise the original concept of this thread.
    If you have a few hours to spare sometime do a search for Boat Buddies on here, you will find plenty of interesting views on it:eek:
    This one with well over 300 comments would be a good start :D http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/boat-buddies-your-opinions-please.1487076/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gcs

Gcs Top Blanker

Is it true you charged aly for a lift to work longpockets ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Catch Report Great Catch Report x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. dai774

dai774 Member

Cheers Buddy

• Like Like x 1
  8. kuhn123

kuhn123 Member

out from Falmouth sunday morning.more of a recky trip really,going to try to find some sand banks to fish later in the year.

9. kuhn123

kuhn123 Member

Out first thing in the morning.going to try a reef 4 mile out I haven't tried before

10. Cascars

Cascars Boat Moderator

It would not really be practical to split this into areas, but if you put your area in Bold and Underline it at the top of the post it will help;)

11. Ian B.

Ian B. Member

This thread slipped under my radar but it's a great idea. I've got next week off and hope to get out to the Brambles area if the weather plays ball.

South Mimms or Godstone?

12. flyingfox

flyingfox Member

Anyone in Exeter/ Exmouth what to come boat fishing
    Hi I have a small fishing boat which I would like to take out this week Thursday 4th June 2015 off of Exmouth
    is there any one in Exeter or Exmouth who would like to come all you need is you rod and bait.
    Just can't do it by my self

13. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

we have been trying to get out for two weekends, both had only Sunday with good weather and awkward tides, hopefully will be out sometime from northney marina in chichester, east solent. hoping to be after tope after hearing there in quite nicely now.

14. Jlowep

Jlowep Member

Looking to go out on a boat tomorrow (18th june 2015) but all skippers in brighton or newhaven either fully booked or cancelled trips due to lack of crew. Anyone able to help out in this area and get me out??

15. kuhn123

kuhn123 Member

im going out on sunday from Falmouth. anyone been out lately ? wonder where to go out to some wrecks of inshore reef?

16. Cascars

Cascars Boat Moderator

I have been let down by my mate for tomorrow. If anyone is free for a trip out on my boat from Newhaven then let me know asap

17. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member

good idea this thread shame there's not been many replies anyways if there's anyone in the Paignton or surrounding area that needs a buddy please PM me or add me on facebook (links below) as would love to chip in on any costs and come out boat fishing. have a car with a towbar if it helps and may even have a small day boat this year as on the look for one but not found what I,m looking for yet.

18. 240z

240z Member

I have got a new boat and looking to get out and give it a try in 2017 ,,,,, looking at the forecast I will be going sometime around June !!!!

19. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member

20. 240z

240z Member

2016 lol I have cabin fever and not even sure what day it is

21. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member

yea me to mate wish ya was a bit closer would of loved to have gone out on a boat

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor