1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing - for a full statement please see the following thread:

VerticalScope Inc has acquired WorldSeaFishing

Dismiss Notice

VerticalScope Inc Aquires WorldSeaFishing

Discussion in 'General Sea Angling Discussion' started by Mike Thrussell Jr, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Huss Hustler

Huss Hustler Member

As with all the other posts-
    Thanks & Good Luck to Mike.
    Welcome aboard to Phillip.
    Rick;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. AnonymousUser

AnonymousUser Guest

That explains why my PM about a Fundraising forum never got answered :D

Thank you for the WSF forums Mike. It has been my online fishing home ever since i first learned to use a computer :) :)

Hello Philip :)

Congratulations to you and the VerticalScope team for becoming the new owners of WSF. I hope everything goes well for you guys.

Can you give any reassurances at this stage that WSF will always be free to use ?

Thanks.

Billy :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. J. M>

J. M> Member

Thankyou Mike, good luck for the future,

• Like Like x 1
  5. VooDooMan

VooDooMan Member

Well done Mike on a great job in setting up and running a fantastic forum. My abiding memory will be the way you have allowed the forum to raise huge amounts of money for so many diverse charities and good causes. Also the chance for so many like minded people to meet up and fish in different locations. I have meet so many good people through the forum,some of whom I now class as really good mates . Best wishes for the future what ever you undertake and Thank you :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. mikeyfelley

mikeyfelley Member
    1. Topwater Hardbait Club

This forum isn't just a forum for me it's become a way of life, The advice on here as been absolutely second to none also the reports are a fantastic part of this forum giving us all a bit of hope when the fishing hasn't been to good. What does this change really mean to us ?

7. bobbyboy1027

bobbyboy1027 Member

Echo all the comments - out with the old and in with the new. Big fat welcome.

8. Mike Thrussell Jr

Mike Thrussell Jr One Life - Fish it! Species Hunt Co-Ordinator

Thank you very much for all of the comments, it's quite overwhelming and it has certainly been an interesting and different few weeks!

VerticalScope run around 600 websites worldwide, including over 40 angling specific web sites, all of which are forums. If I didn't think they would run it in the right manner, I wouldn't have let them take the reins. I'm confident that things will stay exactly as they are going forward :) I may even get some time to go fishing to actually post a catch report or two myself :) :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. mikeyfelley

mikeyfelley Member
    1. Topwater Hardbait Club

Nice 1 Mike thanks for that reply, my mind is at rest, you have created a forum that is the best place on the planet for advice & iv made some good friends so well done & i will look forward to your next fishing report :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Radio Rental

Radio Rental Guest

Get back on the shingle fella you`ve certaintly earn`t it,all the best for the future Mike and a big hello and welcome to Phillip......Alan

• Like Like x 1
  11. WSFAdmin

WSFAdmin Administrator Administrator

I live in the middle of the big dirty city of Toronto. When I do get out to fish its usually while on vacation down south. :)
    -Philip

• Like Like x 2
  12. WSFAdmin

No plans to change the membership structure of the site. Moving forward, if its free it will remain free. The same terms and conditions, same rules etc will all still apply. Its important to maintain the theme and spirit the site was built on and focus on improving your time spent here by making things faster.
    -Philip

• Like Like x 5
  13. WSFAdmin

You will have a larger group managing the day to day behind the scenes stuff. While we work with the current mod team the hope is to make the site run a little quicker. Essentially not much will change about your experience here but if you have suggestions on ways to make it better I am happy to discuss this.
    -Philip

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Third Earl

The Third Earl Member

Bit of a suprise for me this one, I hope that Philip manages to keep the site running as sweetly as Mike did... Mike was always approachable and always answered his PM."s promptly, and came back with solutions when any probs occurred.
    Bet of luck with your new free time Mike, I hope the future is good to you, no doubt we will still de hearing from you from time to time, I will look forward to reading your webzine !

Phillip, welcome, big boots to fill, but with the experience you have I am sure all will be well, maybe we will get a few Canadian contributors amd catch reports ?
    Looking forward to the future of WSF.

Dave

• Like Like x 2
  15. SeaCoarseGame

SeaCoarseGame Member

Cheerio Mike. I sincerely hope your newly found free time is punctuated with the shrill scream of a tight clutch! Building a forum such as WSF takes determination, single mindedness and an amount of blind hope - well done that man.

Keep your eye on the Dorset Lure meet for later this year. If your not hauling Marlin and Sailfish alongside I'm sure they'll be a very warm welcome for you if you want to help throw some plastic fish around Dorset with a bunch of like minded addicts.

Phil, welcome. Now you're holding the reigns can I ask you yank them gently.

Regards...SeaCoarseGame :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. WSFAdmin

I believe you all are in good hands.
    -Philip

• Like Like x 1
  17. fair_weather_angler

fair_weather_angler Member

All the best, Mike. Many thanks for having the vision to create this forum. Let's hope it's a case of, 'onwards and upwards'.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bazzer2k8

Bazzer2k8 Member

Thanks for everything!

Lets hope the site doesnt change... Although a charge and ****ty adverts are inevitable...

19. flappyfish

flappyfish Member

cheers mike...and thankyou.
    Philip..please can you let us post pictures of naked women..?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Steve Tapp

Steve Tapp Member

All the best Mike............thanks for all your support with Lisa and the hours of fun on here during these long windy winters.
    Cheers
    Stevo T

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steve Tr

Steve Tr Global Moderator Deputy Administrator Global Moderator Species Hunt Co-Ordinator
    1. Vintage Fishing Tackle Club

They can be as naked as you want............ Under their cloths

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor