1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

VerticalScope Inc Aquires WorldSeaFishing

Discussion in 'General Sea Angling Discussion' started by Mike Thrussell Jr, Feb 9, 2016.

1. excel

excel Member

Nice one Jnr, thank you for creating WSF and bringing a huge amount of sea anglers together in cyberspace.
    A tough act to follow, Phillip, good luck !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. blakdog

blakdog Member

Best wishes for the future Mike and hope you find more time to fish. I suspect you've spent an awful lot of good fishing time on here sorting stuff out. I don't think anybody would argue that the site has been a massive success (and will hopefully continue to be) and is a huge credit to you. No doubt in my mind that your new projects will be every bit as successful

For me personally its been a real help for business but more importantly I've made loads of new friends as well as being able to keep up with some very old friends that I've known for 40 odd years in some cases. I think that is the strength of the site ... it has become a meeting place for us tortured souls when we are not able (or allowed) to fish. Thanks again Mike :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Norm B

Norm B Member

:) Reigns? Shouldn't that be reins? You don't go thet easily Mike. All the best. :)

5. Mike Thrussell Jr

Mike Thrussell Jr One Life - Fish it!

It should. My proof reader was working its way through a case of Peroni at the time...probably!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Norm B

Norm B Member

;) When I had an editor I had to proof read after he had done and he had GCSEs in English! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mike Thrussell Jr

Mike Thrussell Jr One Life - Fish it!

Never had one, but often end up re-reading something after a while and realising that something had gone wrong. When I was running WSF and of course, on Tuesday night, I was quite often spinning 10 plates at a time so speed and efficiency was always the order of the day. Get it done, get it out there and move on was always the way I had to work. At anyone time I'd be answering 50 or 60 emails a day as well as sorting out whatever was going on here. It was a tricky balancing act.

If there is one thing I'm looking forward to, it is the ability to not have to rush to do things anymore! I can take my time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. JLD

JLD Member

Well you made a pretty good job of it and I hope that future efforts dop go well for you. Cheers Mike.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Norm B

Norm B Member

:) I found the problem with proof reading my own stuff was that I saw what I expected to see, so if it was really important I'd get my wife to proof read it and she often found small mistakes. I don't have that problem now either. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WSFAdmin

WSFAdmin Administrator Administrator

I work with a good team that includes the mods you know and some others on this end that you may eventually encounter using this account. So yes, will take a few of us to fill those boots.

I will look into this. We don't and can't control the ad content on taptalk it is all them. This is one of the downsides of a non in house developed product.

Looking forward to working with everyone and continuing to see this community grow.

-Philip

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mad Colin

Mad Colin Member

Wow! I would like to wish you the absolute best for the future! You delivered us the best forum in the land - it's a shame I joined as a member so late! Well done!! Colin Etherington sea angler & proprietor of Wintons Fishery

• Like Like x 1
  12. Woody33

Woody33 Member
    1. The Quicksilver Owners Club

Thank you for making such a great forum Mike. There are so many knowledgable people on here and so much great info. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

With this new ownership I really hope that all of the archived threads that can be accessed through the search facility should be kept as they are such a wealth of knowledge.

Secondly, I think the return of a WSF app would be a good addition, so maybe this could be looked into?

All the best
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
  13. WSFAdmin

WSFAdmin Administrator Administrator

I am working on adding taptalk to the site. I will update you all once its installed and tested.
    -Philip

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chas64

Chas64 Member

Thanks for creating such a great forum Mike! All the best in your future endeavours.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gordon wedgwood

gordon wedgwood Member

Thanks Mike you and WSF have helped me and so many angler going to Norway and all around world A BIG THANKS AGAIN AND GOOD LUCK

• Like Like x 1
  16. OCTOSPUD

OCTOSPUD Member

Thank you Mike, the site you created is a real treasure to all sea anglers, especially us landlocked danglers.
    Welcolm Philip, please use Mike as your role model;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. swelleyman

swelleyman Member

Just found this! It's a shame that the world changes - has to change I suppose? Obviously your WSF has been a very important, and remains so, in my retired life but I sincerely hope that your life goes on successfully.

• Like Like x 2
  18. David Gould

David Gould Member

Cor,
    I've just read six pages of stuff for the thread .

" All Change " ,

On arriving at the next stop , I suddenly I find I've unknowingly opted to get advertising from thousands of associated advertisers .
    It looks like I'll have a busy morning doing opt outs as the vast majority are of no interest to me . I wonder what Google will make of my declared interests as Killing Bass the pest , Billy Liars sea fishing tales , Treacle Bending & Hand Signing language for the dead.

I'm throughly disappointed that there was not room in the SEX box for, " Yes please , with a straight happy heterosexual "

On a lighter note, has all the slow site and difficult connections over the last few weeks after about 23.40hrs UK time now come to an end or will it persist due to the updates etc being done from the USA ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. gonefishin

gonefishin Member

Have you not got an AD BLOCKER app David?
    Available in Google Chrome App
    I run Ad Block and Ad Block Plus

BTW in an early post the new admin confirmed thet their use was not aproblem to the new Site owners.

In answer to your ? re slow speed server the answer is No its still a pain in the aris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Gould

David Gould Member

Aw shucks GF.,
    I had hoped it was due to our changing over to super fast broadband at BT a wee while ago and that perhaps they were doing their updates for the local area after 22.00 hrs each day till the whole area came live & had settled down etc.

" ublock for fire fox " is now in place .
    I can see the whole screen again and don't get lost in the dyslexic fog as I did before when flashing images occured .

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  21. gonefishin

gonefishin Member

Here's another little tool for you David. A BB Speed Checker that runs on a clean line to the server.
    http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/ Unfortunately you cant keep records of the tests except yu using your snipping tool with a copy / paste into an Excel (my preferred) worksheet.

22. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor