1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

2. 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet - 20th-27th of May

"As a lot of you will know, we have an annual boat meet at Portland (Dorset) which all are welcome to attend."

Read more: 2017 WSF Portland Boat Meet

Dismiss Notice

wfs - species hunt 2017

Discussion in 'Species Hunt 2017' started by CCRML, Jan 10, 2017.

1. CCRML

CCRML Member

Guys

I need some clarrification, I want to start the Species hunt this year and when it comes to taking the pictures... does the fish have to be on top of the card? or it can be below it? or above? please confirm if below are two valid counts? i don't want to get half way and be dissapointed thanks

Attached Files:

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. cap'nhaddock

cap'nhaddock Member 2016 Species Hunt
    45 Species
    2017 Species Hunt
    20 Species

As long as both the card and fish can be identified in the photo it's OK. Your examples are fine, with mini-species a close up shot would be better to show the fish more than the card and measure.
    Usually fish on the card to stop the card being blown away, although last year an ill timed gust blew away my fish and the card.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Steve Tr

Steve Tr Global Moderator Deputy Administrator Global Moderator Species Hunt Co-Ordinator
    1. Vintage Fishing Tackle Club

As Cap'n says. Either is fine.

As long as the card is identifiable (you wouldn't put it under a 10lb cod) and the fish is clear enough to see, and identify (you will be corrected if wrong ID, but could mean you have a harder to get species). You can zoom right in on mini species, the card colour helps identify the year, so you don't need it all visible.

If you have a look at cap'nhaddock's (or any from last year) posts, you will see how to do it.

5. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor