A mooch about this morning.
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

A mooch about this morning.

Discussion in 'North East Catch Reports' started by redneck dek, Aug 2, 2020.

1. redneck dek

redneck dek Member

I went out to have a look at low tide to have a look for marks and a general mooch about as I had some nice ragworm left over from yesterday.
    Seaham Hall beach and ended up towards Steetly pier at the bottom end of Crimdon.
    I was hoping but optimistic of catching a bass but only caught flatties on rolling 2oz running ledger on 3/0 hooks,catching but no bass!
    Good to be out but........
    Crimdon end the dog control is none existent!!!!!
    I ended up losing it a bit after my rucksack was pashed on by 2 husky’s and a spaniel(in the bin now it stinks worse than normal)2 other out of control mutts added then 1 got in bucket and made off with a my squid!bit later as I was stood in the surf obviously fishing a Doris decides to walk in front of me and complains because her dog with a bandana on might get hurt!!!no one around for a few hundred metres and she walks in front of me!
    I give up:ugh2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stevie 69

Stevie 69 Member

Th
    Thats dog walkers mate not all of them but most of them, I tend to fish that area winter months and after dark sets in. You should of pizzed on the dogs mate, owners go ape but I went gorilla style, I've done that twice now. They sharp learn to keep there dogs on the lead when they see me. And the bullish! T they come at you with about calling police is exactly that because they know they in the wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. redneck dek

redneck dek Member

I’ve only got got my Jack Russell now and always had dogs but some people’s manners and attitude boiled my !
    Don’t get me wrong it’s not the dogs fault the blame lies with the owner or the paid dog walkers?
    At least I got a couple of fish and had a looksy:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stevie 69

Stevie 69 Member

I've seen paid dog walkers turn up on the beach with up to 10 dogs and let then off the lead and they run round in packs attacking other dogs on leads. But it's not their fault they've never done that before is the half wits excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sniggle

sniggle Member

Had a Collie take a dump on my rucksack once !:gtfo:
    A small spray bottle of disinfectant squirted near your pitch might work.
    It keeps the foxes, cats and gulls off my bin bags !:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stevie 69

Stevie 69 Member

I've seen paid dog walkers turn up on the beach with up to 10 dogs and let then off the lead and they run round in packs attacking other dogs on leads. But it's not their fault they've never done that before is the half wits excuse.

7. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Member

When fishing beaches now i only take my rucksack. I can then hang it over my tripod, especially on beaches like Crimdon where your constantly moving. Bait bucket hangs off the rig hook. When fishing local beaches this time of year especially local dont go over a size 1. A 3/0 might mean you miss a lot of fish. Even when after bass with worm i only use a size 1.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MickMcC

MickMcC Member

Dog owners in general are idiots, yes not all, but about 95% who take them to the beach. Sick of getting my tripod, seat, bait p!ssed on, dogs snapping at your legs, jumping on you, trying to snatch your next bait on a 5.0 hook hanging from the tripod, trying to snap your bait and run off with it....I now always leave a piece of fish with a laxative wrapped in it on my fishing box. Great Cod bait......................

• Agree Agree x 1