any mitchell boat owners in Cornwall
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

any mitchell boat owners in Cornwall

Discussion in 'Find Fishing Friends' started by grumpyoldcornishman, Feb 20, 2016.

1. grumpyoldcornishman

grumpyoldcornishman Member

i have just been and bought a mitchell 22 sea angler, never owend a mitchell boat before, so would be nice to hear what others have to say about them if you own a mitchell yourself,

2. back lash

back lash Member

3. grumpyoldcornishman

4. seaanglerlen

seaanglerlen Member

5. seaanglerlen

seaanglerlen Member

hi i have a mitchell 31 in essex my wife bought it for me it is an excelent fishing boat in and around the thames but not shore about them big swells around cornwall im hoping to move to north side of cornwall in the near future i have put my boat up for sale becaus of the big swells and finding a sutable moring but now i have seen your post i will wait and see what feedback you get and when i get there hopfully meet and compair boats you can see my boat on find a fishingboat non comercial cheers len

6. grumpyoldcornishman

the mitchell 2 is a cracking little boat, and we have been out with 6ft plus swells, and she just pushes thro it, just it was a little hairy at times but nice to know there was no problems, we never had any intentions of going out in that size swells but we had to move the boat from one place to another, and thought oh well we have to go for it.. over all a good sea boat,
    i also like the 31 but never had enough money at the time to buy one so went for the next size down which to me is big enough for an old timer like me, lol.. yes the North coast does get bigger seas but also gets some great flat waters, just like most places,, if you get stuck for a mooring, my mooring is up for rent near Falmouth, deep water swinging

7. seaanglerlen

seaanglerlen Member

thanks for that im no spring chicken im 69 and fat if it is still there when we move down there i will try and get it my son grand sone and me have been on wayne rows charter boat and had execlent fishing but there were some very big swells cant wait to get there cheers len do the boats on swinging moorings come out in the winter

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. Patudo

Patudo Member

I never owned one (yet) but spent two seasons as crew on a mk 2, 31 Sea Angler operated at the time by Ron Cowling who fished it from Keyhaven before taking it to Madeira. The same vessel still operates from Funchal under Jose Serrao who crewed for Ron after me. No frills (which is a good thing in my book), good sea boat, solid feel, engine access was easy with the engine box setup.

I really liked how the semi displacement hull and single screw produced such a clean wake with hardly any whitewater at trolling speed, a quality very desired by billfish fishermen, which some owners of much more expensive vessels go to great expense to have. This marlin took the lure on the right flat line, I don't think much more than one boat length behind.

[​IMG]
    That's her current skipper Jose Serrao handling the fish (even got part of the "Sea Angler" letters in the pic...)

Not just blue marlin...
    [​IMG]

Our Mary on the hunt...
    [​IMG]

As she was the first year I worked on her. She was more basic than the boats I'd worked on previously but I've come to appreciate those qualities of simplicity.
    [​IMG]

I've never seen a 22 Sea Angler but would like to fish on one.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. sniggle

sniggle Member

Have fished from various mitchells in Sussex, Hants and IOW.They were very popular with the local charter skippers.

Great fishing boats if you are not after top speed !