French Med at Spanish end
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

French Med at Spanish end

Discussion in 'Find Fishing Friends' started by Pecheur Anglais, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Pecheur Anglais

Pecheur Anglais Member

Perpignan is the nearest big town. I am at Collioure for about half the year.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@42.5237198,3.0891672,14z

Being fairly new to the area, I am still finding where the better spots are. Like so many places these days, it seems a bit over fished, but with 300 days a year of sunshine.....
    So, if you are planning to visit the area and fancy meeting for some shore fishing, kayak fishing or sharing the cost of some boat fishing, give me a shout!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pelamid

Pelamid Member

My wife and I are renting a house in the Quercy national park area, right in the middle of France. I am having to settle for the freshwater fishing but we plan on visiting both Atlantic and Med coasts during the summer months.

Quite happy to beach fish or share costs of an occasional charter, when do you think the best time of year is for your area?

3. Pecheur Anglais

Pecheur Anglais Member

Certainly the summer months are more pleasant. Most of the local shore fishing appears to be very light weight, but I have only observed arount the harbours, etc, so far. There is a boat that runs out of St Cyprien that I have been considering trying. The skipper seems very knowledgable about local fishing.
    http://www.roussillonfishing.com/peche_mer_a.html

4. Pelamid

Pelamid Member

That looks interesting, thanks for the link.

Mentioned it to the wife and I do not think she fancies being out on a fast boat! Suits me though, so I can concentrate on my own fishing!

If you want to share a day on the boat I can afford that for an occasional treat. Had to remind the Mrs that was our agreement when I sold my own little boat - that it would be more economical to hire boats occasionally! :happydance:

Will be in touch when we are travelling your direction, see if we can arrange a trip.

5. Pecheur Anglais

Pecheur Anglais Member

Yes, happy to share the cost of a trip. That would be a treat to look forwards to. I have recently bought a small boat, see the pic, but it maxes out at about 9 knots. More importantly, I dont have the knowledge yet to find the fish, so that might be a bit frustrating. Maybe we could take our other halves out on that just for a trip out in the sunshine if your wife would enjoy that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pelamid

Pelamid Member

Yes, that looks like a good plan. My wife does enjoy a few hours on a boat but does not appreciate being bumped about on a fast boat on a long days serious fishing!

I have done the same in Florida, an inshore charter is quite expensive. But a couple of trips with the professional to give you some clues and then a cheaper self-drive is all you need for some top fishing.

Will be in touch after the winter.

7. Pecheur Anglais

Pecheur Anglais Member

Excellent, look forward to hearing from you.