Help !! in theMidlands
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

Help !! in theMidlands

Discussion in 'Find Fishing Friends' started by nightjar, Aug 2, 2015.

1. nightjar

nightjar Member

My passion has always been shore fishing however moving to Coventry did not help in the slightest, ended up selling all my gear which I regret in a big way. If I can find someone like minded in the midlands it would be great I have decent transport if we share the fuel costs. I will sort new gear if anyone shows an interest...miss it chaps.. Help !!

2. Blaster Caster

Blaster Caster Member

Hi Nightjar,

My name is Rob and I live in Birmingham but I travel to the south coast quite a lot with the Mrs in toe, I fish, she reads. I'm quite new to fishing and really enjoy it and have just invested in some new gear to enable me to fish some late nights. Myself and the Mrs own a small motorhome so the travelling companion might be an issue for you but your more than welcolme to follow on (and pitch your own digs, motorhome only a 2 birth, sorry). I have a couple of favourite spots in Dorset that I like but I am always open to hear about new parts of the coast.

As it happens I'm travelling tomorrow afternoon to Dorset for a few days, return Monday afternoon/evening.

A fishing buddy would be great!

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Rob.

3. Blaster Caster

Blaster Caster Member

Off to Dorset again Thursday afternoon, return Monday evening.

4. Teabag80

Teabag80 Member

Hi

Live over in Stourbridge but come from Weymouth so beach fishing is still a strong passion. Don't get out as much as ide like as its a long run for a 1 day outing.
    Really want to try some new venues bit closer to home like the BC or South Wales. But hear most of the marks are not great for first timers to the area. Plus don't really know where to go.
    Always happy to get a PM and if I can make it happy to go fish.

5. dellboy67

dellboy67 Member

Hi Teabag just looking at fishing buddies site if you looking to fish south Wales I fish there a lot being from that part of the country in the spring summer and early autumn we do the beaches around Swansea the Gower and bit further West for the bass flounder etc so if you would like to come down we could take you to the places let me know if you interested or any the other boys who live in the Midlands they welcome to .DELLBOY67

6. Teabag80

Teabag80 Member

How do mate, really nice off you to ask, as long as I was not working and the good lady lets me be free for the day i'de be up for giving some new marks a go and it would sure beat fishing by myself all the time.
    Got Ray's, Bass and hounds on my wish list for this year lol
    When I get home tonight I'll drop you a PM with my number

7. dellboy67

dellboy67 Member

No problem mate speak to you soon.

8. Teabag80

Teabag80 Member

Hi mate, sent you a message. Sort something out soon

9. nightjar

nightjar Member

Sorry mate only just seen the replys to this thread as its been a good while since I have been on here but now am fully re kitted and planning a trip to Chesil and will be on my own. You are more than welcome to jump in if you want free transport as company car, I a looking at quite a few south coast marks if you are interested...cheers...Andy

10. Gezzy

Gezzy Member

Hi mate I live in Leicester but am struggling to find any sea fishermen around here! have been to the east coast a few times also boat fishing out of Cardiff to expensive to go on my own.lol

11. Andythefisherman

Andythefisherman Member

12. Roland123

Roland123 Member

Sorry Nightjar there is no helping you if you live in Coventry!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. nightjar

nightjar Member

I am exiled Roland !! Forgot I have a post on here so sorry for the late reply men, advice appreciated . I'm still looking