North East tackle shops | Page 2
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

North East tackle shops

Discussion in 'North East Catch Reports' started by ZAGMAN, May 13, 2011.

1. floorlord

floorlord Member

Turnstone Baits, Bridlington Harbour. Two outlets, one at the side of the harbour, the other a hut at the end of the south pier. Very knowledgeable and helpful proprietor, will freely offer advice even when no sale is involved. I just asked him about rods and he told me to keep the one I have but use different leads for the rotten bottoms. I was waving money at him! Stocks most baits and usually has a selection of live baits. 07876 321233 and 07979 627581. No web presence.

2. steve m47

steve m47 Member

north east tackle supplies telephone number 01429272581 is a good shop and allways willing to help

3. Badger09

Badger09 Member

I would just like to say Anglers United, Lynemouth is excellent. The worm I bought there recently was the best I have seen for years.
    Cant remember the phone number but wellworth a visit as the customer service is top notch as well.

Cheers:bye1:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Liamalone

Liamalone Member

Go and see Andy Copeland at Moonfleet Angling

Tackle, Bait, Kayaks, Boats, the lot!

Moonfleet Angling
    William St Felling,
    Gateshead,
    Tyne and Wear
    NE10 0JP

Tel: 0191 438 1555
    Mob: 0786 179 7275
    Email: [email protected]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jonboymp

jonboymp Member

Ha ha ha ha ha............. Need I say more? Rubbish

6. Liamalone

Liamalone Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine differs to yours, and I would suggest rather an extreme response from the other end of the Country regarding a new shop just opened in Felling Gateshead and managed by a well respected North East Angler, and Level 2 Sea Angling coach, who provides his time and expertise to encourage and support new Anglers of all ages and abilities into Sea Fishing.

Unless you are talking about Moonfleet prior to Paul Hardy buying it out?

I would say to all North East Sea Anglers go and see Andy and make your own mind up.

7. jonboymp

jonboymp Member

My opinion is mine, as you say and I am talking about the latest venture not the last. We'll have to beg to differ my Northern friend.

8. the_mackem81

the_mackem81 Member

I've been in there a few times now and theres always customers in there, the bait is the freshest ive seen in the northeast- not many tackle shops have their worms on display so you know what your getting, and theres never an awkward atmosphere the guys in their make your feel very welcome and give out great advice.

Tbh i fail to see how you can even comment on the place when you live opposite end of the country.

9. jonboymp

jonboymp Member

10. the_mackem81

the_mackem81 Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. kebab

kebab Member

Dragon Carp in Peterlee opposite Argos in the town center they don't have a huge selection of Sea gear but they are getting more in as time goes on I don't have the phone number but here is the website its worth taking a look over if your in the area

Dragon Carp Direct

12. Andy Copeland

Andy Copeland Member

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on Moonfleet Angling and if you dont like what you see fair enough,we give the best service we can,supplying the best bait we can source throughout the UK at more than competitive prices,we have built a huge customer base in a very short time by listening to and giving customers what they want and sales suggest we are doing something right,we dont build our business by slagging other shops off and I personally have good friends that own or run tackle shops here in the North East,the old Moonfleet is in the past and the new one is doing very well that's all that matters to the owner and his customers ..

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. lugs

lugs Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. csanzhenry

csanzhenry Member

Does anyone know of any tackle shops in the Scarborough area?

Having just moved oop norf from london, I have no idea where to start looking.
    Thanks.

15. jonboymp

jonboymp Member

All of this advice from a man with.............9 posts on the forum in 7 years. I'll be entitled to my opinion just the same as you. I'm not a keyboard warrior, but a real one with a total of 9 tours of foreign country's you're benefits will never get you to little man. Go back to our caravan and shut yer trap. I stand by my last, the old moon fleet rigs are the best, I've ever used, I know there are many many anglers who agree. Good job we live in a democracy and are entitled to free speech eh. Feel free to PM me rather than bump your gums in public.

QUOTE=lugs;5733218]

16. stevieb83

stevieb83 Member

all sounds a bit childish to me... as has been said everyone is aloud there opinion. i personally think norma @ amble is one of the nicest and most helpful tackle and bait dealers going (and i also have been around the world and fished most continents) and there are other shops that i wont mention that quite honestly are useless but i dont feel the need to point them out as others may well disagree. i think what i'm trying to say is this petty (lets be honest it is) argument should be dropped and people should go back to what this page was ment for....listing tackle shops weather they are good, bad or ugly.

ANYWAY...

there is a pet/tackle shop in newbiggin now. no fresh bait when i went in but a half decent selection of frozen baits. cheaper end of the price range were tackle is concerned (if that matters to anyone). its at the top end of the high st. sorry no phone number.

17. grentuplex

grentuplex Member

all shops have good days n bad days imho

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thebaitdigger

thebaitdigger Member

Hello all you guys in the north east. If any of yous are venturing up my way to fish the east coast marks this winter (Arbroath Aberdeen Anstruther etc) and you want quality worms at affordable prices like £17.50 per hundred and quality mussels at £1 a bag here's my number don't be afraid to contact me on 07407376631 the same goes for all you tackle shop dealers aswell call me and ilsort yous out aswell cheers for reading. Cheers guys allan.

19. thebaitdigger

thebaitdigger Member

anyone ever on here haha

20. jonboymp

jonboymp Member

I bought some Wessex Rigs from Moonfleet earlier this year and they were not good at all, long tag end left on joins, silicon sliders which fell off. I wouldn't waste my money again. If any of the key board warrior gobshite types need proof that they were rubbish.....you can have em