Rod eye multiplier to fixed spool
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

Rod eye multiplier to fixed spool

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by tomds, Nov 18, 2013.

1. tomds

tomds Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have two conoflex rods, both rung for multiplier use. I use fixed spool reels and was wondering if it's possible to change the eyes over for use with fixed spool reels. If so, can anyone give me a rough idea of what I should expect to pay for this to be done? One of the rods is a DC8 and the other is a prototype.
    Thanks

Tom

2. smallangler

smallangler Member

if you can source the same rings as is fitted to the rod,will only need to purchase the larger (40mm) butt eye.move the others up.may need a 30mm too.so it goes 40,30,25,20,16 and a tip.rod builder prices vary somewhat,find a local lad and ask for a price.i'm in essex.too far for me.lol.

3. justjay

justjay Member

it's possible, nd most builders will be able to work out the guide spacings and tweak them til ok (done it before) there'll be less guides and they'll be slightly bigger. costs vary mind, as said before.

4. sam400

sam400 Member

The guide sizes and spacings for M and FS are on the conoflex website.

5. meanstreak

meanstreak Member

With fuji bnhg's ( plastic/ceramic inserts) you won't be able to find any big tip rings, 16mm tip rings are only available if you go with minimas, a full set will only cost about £15, stripping the rod down will be the main cost as it takes a long time prepping the blank for the new guides to be whipped on, you could save money by doing the prep work yourself, but must be careful not to go mad and damage the blank,

6. monkeyspank73

monkeyspank73 Member

butt eye 20mm upside down lowrider then leave everything else as it is works a treat

7. WIGHTFISHER

WIGHTFISHER Member

I have some 16mm BPHT tip rings, to match Fuji BNHG, PM me