Scarborough Harbour
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

Scarborough Harbour

Discussion in 'North East Catch Reports' started by blackworm, Jul 26, 2020.

1. blackworm

blackworm Member

Guys,I’m having a week here in two weeks,any tips on where to fish,bait etc,I’ll be useing a carp rod,not looking at catching anything of size just a bit of sport
    Cheers

2. bobthedog

bobthedog Member

The last time I fished the end of the pier at this time of year it was like a crowded version of the united nations, mainly east europeans. I only fish light gear as a rule, 1 oz running ledger & a 3ft trace (with or without beads), size 6 aberdeen hook is my standard approach. Bait worm of fish strip, cast and slow retrieve to keep the crabs off should get results mainly little dabs, flounders & coalies. Casting out from the end there's a few snags, towards the shore is sand.
    On the seaward side the council have dumped rock armour, at the point where the pier bends the rocks are about level with the top of the pier allowing easy access but be careful as they can be very slippy. Spinning or float fishing for mackerel or pollock along the seaward side.
    If you have a look on google earth maps you can see what I mean.

3. Rich77

Rich77 Member

You can fish the main pier near lighthouse, using squid which can be bought from shop over road from near fair in small bag , mussels which can be collected from near the spa on the rock scars or from near the sealife centre , or you could spin or feathers for usual mackerel . Using bait will probably produce small flattys like dab, rockling, coalfish, codling, maybe pollock, using a single or double hook paternoster

4. Rich77

Rich77 Member

oh yeah be very careful on the rocks if you do venture on them as I paid the price last week in beadnell in rain slipping and busting my nose 20200720_213306.jpg